Bonding?

Grian stayed by Scar during his whole recovery. The brunette was still knocked out from his fall a few days ago. A red heart had appeared on his cheek today. Grian tried to ignore it, but what if Scar turned on him after he woke up? What if he took one of Grians lives, just like Grian had accidentally done to him?

Grian let out a soft sigh and laid down next to his friend, gently touching the red heart, "Oh, Scar...I'm so sorry..." The blonde moves and hugs Scar while also nuzzling his chest.

Without warning, Scars arms move and wrap around Grain, making the smaller male jump a bit, "It wasn't your fault, G." A very tired voice mumbles out.

Grian blushes but keeps his head nuzzled against Scars chest. His wings folded against his back as he tightens his grip on the taller male.

"Ah, Grian, careful." Scar hissed out a bit at the pain.

"Ack- sorry!" The blonde quickly let go of his friend and moved away a bit.

This caused Scar to chuckle and pull Grian close again, "It's fine." Scars voice had soothed a bit.

The blonde once again felt safe. Grian looked up at his friends face, noticing that Scars eyes have gone from green to red. He blushed more and quickly nuzzles Scars chest again. Scar tightens his arms around Grian in a comforting way which made Grian relax.

"Grian?" The brunette still sounded tired.

"Hm..?" He was slowly starting to fall asleep in Scars arms.

"What time is it?" He closed his eyes and nuzzled Grians hair a little, taking in the scent of the smaller male.

"Dunno. Probably like midnight or something." He was on the verge of passing out.

He couldn't sleep the entire time Scar was healing.

Scar sighed and played with Grians hair a bit, "Rest. I have big plans for tomorrow."

And with that, Grian fell asleep. He didn't dream much. But tonight was different. He dreamt about Scar. He dreamt about running in a field with Scar, picking flowers.

At one point, Scar had tackled Grian. The blonde let out a small yelp before looking up at Scar. They both were blushing. They held eye contact until Scar leaned down, and Grian just waited for the warmth.

But it never came. He woke up to the sun in his eyes. He let out a soft groan before realizing he was in his own bed. Confused, he sat up and looked all around for Scar. His eyes eventually landed on the taller male.

Scar had started making breakfast for the two of them. It was a simple meal, but a special one none the less. He was also humming a soft tune while he worked his magic. It was a familiar tune, but Grian couldn't put a finger on it.

"Scar?" Grian kept his eyes on his joyful friend.

Scar turned to Grian and smiled sweetly, "Good morning, sleepyhead!" He put some pancakes on a plate and walked over to Grian, setting them Infront of him, "Enjoy~" He winked at Grian before sitting at the foot of the bed.

Grian blushed and slowly started eating, "Oh wow. These are amazing!" Grian ate a little quicker.

Scar frowns, "Grian, when's the last time you ate?"

This question caused Grian to freeze, "Uh...sometime before you died..." He whispers a bit.

Scars face had an annoyed hint to it, but it was more overcome by worry, "G, you need to eat more."

"I'm fine Scar. It was only a few days." Grian finished his food and laid back down.

He tensed up when he felt Scar lay next to him and wrap his arms around the smaller male. Grian let out a shaky breath before cuddling up to Scar. He didn't know this feeling. The feeling of being loved. He didn't understand it yet.