New Jobs

"Pretty nice digs here, Gramps," Dante said while putting his feet up on the altar the Headmaster used as a desk. He leaned back in his chair, lifting its front legs off the ground a bit as he did. He looked around at the room they were in, whistling at the extremely bare room, "Cozy. Really gives off the 'Old Demon Pretending To Be Human' vibe."

To his left Vergil sat in his own chair, glaring at Dante's poor posture. He sat with his back straight and the Yamato laid across his lap. He kept the Headmaster in his peripheral vision but did not speak to the man. Only glared at him with his cold, gray eyes.

The Headmaster chuckled, shining eyes focused on Dante. He placed his elbows on the altar and put his hands together, "Well, what can I say? I like to look and play the part. And it helps keep the students on their toes. Mysterious and enigmatic Headmasters are all the rage nowadays."

Dante raised an eyebrow, "That why you got all those seals wrapped around your chest?"

Mikogami's smile faltered for a split second. Anyone else wouldn't have noticed the change. But Dante did, and he smiled at catching the old Demon Lord off guard. He snapped his fingers, "Knew it. Don't worry though. I won't tell a soul that doesn't already know."

"You're...certainly perceptive," Mikogami quickly regained his composure. He turned his attention to Vergil, "Can I assume your brother is aware of my...precautions as well?"

Vergil merely nodded in response.

Dante jerked a thumb in his direction, "Don't mind him. Vergil's got a perpetual stick up his ass when it comes other people. Which means it's down to me to be sociable one."

"I'll have you know am perfectly capable of interacting with others," was Vergil's indignant response, "I simply don't see a reason to engage in inane pleasantries, and prefer only speaking of the primary subject at hand."

"And that's how you got the Kid's mom in bed then? Walked on up to her and skipped to the 'primary subject'," Dante made air quotes with his hands. Vergil's response was to take a swipe at Dante with his sheathed sword. Dante kicked off the altar and let his chair lean back until it was almost touching the floor, which let the Yamato soar harmlessly over his head. He used his leverage to push himself back to a sitting position, acting as if his brother trying to hit him was a regular occurrence.

Mikogami stared at the twins, surprised at their seeming readiness to hurt each other. Then he started to chuckle, "Hmm, you two are more energetic than your seeming age would suggest."

"Just cause you're pushing fifty doesn't mean you can't still enjoy your life. Though we have to thank our old man for the reason we still look good," Dante rubbed at his chin, rustling the stubble on his face.

"Oh," Mikogami became genuinely curious at the mention of the boy's father. He leaned forward in his chair, "Would either you mind me asking who your father was then?"

"The Legendary Dark Knight Sparda," Vergil answered immediately. He watched Mikogami's expression with a critical eye, waiting to see the Demon's reaction.

Mikogami tilted his head to the right, "Am I supposed to know who that is?"

The Sons of Sparda groaned at the same time.

"Welp, looks like you were right, Vergil," Dante nodded his head with a sad grin on his face.

"I anticipated as much. This is simply confirmation," Vergil shook his head, eyes narrowing as his mind began to race, "I will need to adjust my original plans then."

"Excuse me," Mikogami raised a hand, "but it is rather rude to have your own conversation while speaking to someone else. Who is this Sparda, exactly?"

Dante raised a finger, taking his feet off the altar. He put them on the floor while leaning forward until his arm was on the altar, "Before that, how about we get some of our own questions answered, Gramps? Communication is a two way street and all that."