Arriving In A New World

Youkai Academy.

A high school made for Monsters/Youkai.

Here they go through their years and classes for one specific purpose: To learn how to be human. How to keep their powers hidden, how to act/understand humans, all so that they can eventually live freely in the human world. To ensure they are able to do this without interruption, a barrier was erected around the site over two hundred years ago. This barrier keeps the world hidden from the human world, prevents any human from entering without an invitation, and allows for the Monsters to travel all over the Youkai and human world.

This barrier, created by the Three Dark Lords, has withstood the test of time for years. Thanks to it, Youkai Academy has managed to remain a safe place for Monsters to come and learn how to be human.

It has remained intact for years.

There are few forces in the world that can hope to pierce it.

Which is why, when a large blue rift opened in a few miles from Youkai Academy, Nurari, the Nurarihyon Bus Driver of the Academy, immediately made to tell the Headmaster.

One of the Three Dark Lords that sealed away the Shinso Vampire Alucard, Tenmei Mikogami.

And, once the message was relayed, the two immediately made their way to the location of the rift.

"Woo-Hoo!"

Dante yelled as Cavaliere rocketed out of the rift. He pulled at the motorcycle's break lever, the blades under the wheel's screeching as they ate up dry earth. He pulled to the side as it skid to a stop a few feet away from the rift. The moment he stopped, Vergil hopped off the back of the vehicle. The older twin's hair had come undone from the ride. It fell around his face in a mirror of his younger brother's hair style.

"That look suits you better, Verg," Dante said as he dismissed Cavaliere. The weapon dispersed back into Dante's personal arsenal space. There it awaited alongside every other weapon he had accumulated over the years. Waiting to be used once again. He stepped over to his brother, leaning in with a hand on his chin, "Hmm, yeah. You should keep it. We could that thing where we switched places and see if anybody could tell the difference."

Vergil huffed, one hand going to his forehead. He pushed his hair back and it swiftly returned to its usual, slicked back look. He focused his attention on the rift he had made, watching as the blue energy swirled within. It remained floating in the air, a blue tear in the fabric of reality that lead to a now destroyed Demonic Tree.

Then, moments later, it winked out of existence.

"Good. None followed us," Vergil nodded at the rift's disappearance.

Dante turned to the empty air where the rift used to be, "Hmm, really? Guess that means we really did bring down that overgrown weed. Though I doubt that'll dissuade any demon and devil from trying to mess with the human world."

"If they do, then it is none of our concern. Unless they decide they wish to reckon with the Sons of Sparda," Vergil responded, his voice stoic and cold.

"Maybe it's none of your concern," Dante pointed an accusing finger at Vergil, "But that's cause you're not the one who makes a living off killing demons for people. And after what you did with for our first family reunion, business had been booming. Well it was. Until you came back."

Vergil shot a sideways glare at Dante. He opened his mouth, but held his tongue for a moment. He stared his younger brother in the eyes...then turned away before replying, "I see...I...apologize...for that."

Dante's eyes went wide. He shook his head in disbelief.

Then a smug smile came over his face.

He put a hand over his ear and leaned closer to Vergil, "What was that, big brother Verg? I don't think I heard you correctly? Did you just say 'I'm sorry for summoning that tower and the tree, messing up the human world for who knows how long?' Is that what you just said?"