Dante's Advice

"Tsukune!"

The human boy was almost knocked over when Moka collided with his back. The two were making their way to Yokai Academy, walking down the main path that led to the school's entrance. When Moka saw Tsukune, she immediately ran to him with excitement on her face. As she hit the boy, he cried out in surprise and pain, his aching body screaming in agony. Upon hearing this, Moka pulled away, her eyes widening with worry. She started hopping around Tsukune as he doubled over in pain, saying, "I'm so sorry, Tsukune! Are you alright?!"

He weakly lifted one of his arms, the appendage shaking as it rose from his knee, "I-I-I'm f-f-fine. Ju-Ju-just d-d-don't touch m-me right...now."

"What happened?" Moka leaned over, resisting the urge to go for Tsukune's very vulnerable neck.

Tsukune slowly straightened himself, flinching with each movement. When he straightened his back, he started walking again, "Yesterday happened. Dante took me to the gym after my last class. He made me run ten laps around the gym, do ten sets of twenty push-ups, and then made me lift two twenty-pound weights! I was exhausted by the end, and he still wanted me to walk all the way back to my dorm. He walked with me but left as soon as I reached my door. I got into bed, but when I woke up, I was sore all over. I barely managed to put on my clothes today. I'm just lucky I'm not late."

Tsukune started walking again, wincing every third step. Moka followed him, standing close but not touching him to avoid aggravating his soreness. However, she had to bite her finger to restrain herself from attacking his neck. It was a battle against her instincts, one she was trying to win. Tsukune didn't notice, as he was too preoccupied with resisting the urge to lie on the ground and rest his aching muscles. He shook his head as he spoke, "Urgh, this hurts. I might see if the teacher will let me rest in the nurse's of-"

He was interrupted when a different girl approached from his left and immediately wrapped herself around his arm. The gentle warmth that suddenly enveloped his arm was, unfortunately, completely overshadowed by an acute spike of pain that shot through his entire body. A whimper escaped his throat as he nearly toppled over, only stopped by Moka grabbing his right side.

"Good morning, Tsukune~!" Kurumu shouted, pressing herself as close to Tsukune as possible. Her bright smile was directed squarely at Tsukune as she looked up to see his face. She then gasped when she saw the pained expression on his face, "Oh no! Tsukune, what's wrong?! Are you alright?"

Tsukune could only respond in a tiny, tiny voice, "I'm just fine. Please let go Kurumu, Moka."

"Kurumu-san! You're hurting him!" Let go!" Moka said, though she immediately pulled at Tsukune's arm. This made him whimper at a higher pitch due to the pain. Upon seeing this, Moka quickly released Tsukune and stepped away. Kurumu did the same, giving Tsukune a chance to cool his muscles. He stood in the middle of the two girls, both his arms out like a scarecrow, as he waited for the pain to subside. He kept whimpering as he lowered his arms while Kurumu and Moka stared at each other.

Moka stared at Kurumu with disappointment, causing the succubus' eyes to widen in confusion, "What? What did I do?"

"You grabbed Tsukune while he was hurting!" Moka pointed out.

"So did you!" Kurumu said indignantly.

"Only to get him away from you. He's still sore from his training with Dante-sensei!"

"That's... wait, training? With a Teacher's Assistant? Why were you training with him?"

Tsukune, once he regained his composure, replied to Kurumu, "He-He wanted to help me toughen up a bit. Wants to help me get stronger."

Kurumu frowned and crossed her arms, "Well, if you ask me, he's planning something bad. If he's anything like his brother, he's just waiting for a chance to do something horrible to you. Especially if it's just the two of you after school."