Chapter Forty Five | End

A FEW MONTHS LATER...

The venue was a large honey trap. From the large chandeliers to the soft red carpet and the silk drapes. Everything about it screamed wealth. The rich and affluent were given invites and anyone who was not on the list was denied entrance. So far all the flies had entered the room were those on the list left by Talia many days ago. The planning that had gone into the event had taken a while. It was easy to spread rumours about an exclusive party for making connections while hosting a few parties to corroborate with the rumours. Money was never an issue to the Lykos.

Each time the guests were treated the same way. Anyone that was denied entrance did get inside so when the invitations eventually landed on their doors, they were eager to go. Multiple humans dressed in expensive suits and colourful dresses populated the room. The balcony above were empty with the exception of Aiko, Micah and Sandra. It was decided that they would be safer with Micah than at home.

Rafael was soon to set the play in motion. In the meantime, the three of them enjoyed the view from above while hidden from those below. Aiko enjoyed the small pastries that they had bought on the way to the venue. She had been spending more and more time in the outside world to find herself again. No longer a disgraced mafia princess, she was now free to live her new life with Rafael by her side every step of the way to keep her safe.

"Don't you believe in soulmates, Sandra?" Aiko asked. The ongoing discussion was based off Micah's latest theory.

"Well now I do. I didn't before," Sandra replied. The idea of a soulmate was far-fetched before she met with Micah. The bond that they had was undeniable and if she thought her own relationship was biased then all she had to do was look at Rafael and Aiko for more evidence.

"Then just accept it," Aiko said. She had heard this debate one too many times and now was not the time to go through every single detail again. She wanted to move forward and look towards the future instead to her dark past. 

"There has to be some science around soulmates," Sandra mumbled. Micah laughed, they had spent plenty of time hashing and rehashing his latest theory, all in good fun. Micah's theory was that George was someone Angelina had truly loved so his life expectancy had increased since they were soulmates. Aiko's recovery was just additional evidence that she had the same life expectancy and healing as Rafael. Sandra did not was to test the theory by putting either one of them in danger but in a few decades, she would not be able to deny it when she stopped aging.

Before Micah could reply, the noise below disappeared and was replaced with the sound of Rafael knocking his wine glass with a spoon. The three of them went to the balcony to watch the show below. Theron was in the middle of the crowd, enjoying the attention he was getting for just having the same last name as Rafael. Many people were shocked to find out that Rafael had a brother since only he would show his face in the underworld. Rafael was dressed in a black suit with a black shirt. He started off the same speech as always, while waitrons milled between the people below, handing them fresh glasses of wine for the toast. The speech was irrelevant. The most important part was watching the individuals' lips touching the glasses.

Micah had poisoned the rims of the glasses and the wine in case someone didn't actually take a sip. Each of the complied, lifting their glasses at the end of Rafael's toast and taking a sip. The poison would kick in slowly. It was something he had developed himself for this very purpose. Over the next few days, they would all drop dead. No need for Theron to execute them one by one when all those who dared crossed the Lykos family were down below getting what they deserved. This would be the end of all lives who knew anything about loverage.

Rafael was quick to disappear from the crowd after greeting a few people. He had no use with a dead connection. Those attempting to rub elbows with him only wanted a drop of his power that he wasn't willing to share with anyone but Aiko. He went upstairs to let them know it was time to go. Theron was waiting in the car as he drove them to the airport. When everyone dropped dead in a few days, there was going to be plenty of new enemies searching for them. It was time to find a new home. To move forward.

When they arrived, there were two private planes waiting for them. Aiko and Sandra were settled into one while the brothers were down below. They were discussing the aftermath of the mass poisoning. Theron would take care of anyone who somehow survived tonight personally while Micah and Rafael got settled into their new homes with Aiko and Sandra. This was the first time that the brothers would have their own places inside of sharing one. Theron started to climb the stairs to his plane.

"Don't be a stranger brother," Rafael said loud enough that he knew Theron would hear. Theron nodded on reply.

They never said goodbye to each other.

Goodbye only meant the end.

However, this was just the beginning.

THE END