Chapter Fifteen | Secret

Sandra didn't sleep long, the memories of last night made it easy to shake away the last of her groggy thoughts. She leaped out of bed, her body moving to search for Micah without her mind catching up. He had been stabbed and she went to sleep like some useless fool. She might as well hand in her white coat and stethoscope. She didn't get far before Micah latched onto her wrist.

Micah had fallen off to sleep soon after Sandra as there wasn't much else, he could do. Watching her sleep was a little creepy, so he closed his eyes and started counting sheep. Sandra started to fret over Micah, but he had enough of that behaviour yesterday, so he pulled back to bed. No one had made a fuss over him for years now.

"Micah! I'm so sorry, we can go to a hospital now," Sandra frantically said. She unwrapped the loose silk from her hair, unable to remember tying it last night.

Micah hushed her, until her frantic rambling stopped.

"I've healed nicely, just look." Micah pulled back the duvet, still shirtless and showed her a light pink scar. It looked like it had been weeks of healing, rather than a few hours. She traced the mark, the stitched ready to be removed already. Sandra was unable to comprehend what was going on.

Had she been so hysterical that she misjudged the whole situation. She was sure that he had been bleeding, a lot. She leaped out the bed and dashed to the bathroom. There had to be evidence to confirm that last night was real. Her bathroom was as they had left it. Micah's bad held his bloodied clothes and the bin was full of pink cotton wool from when he sterilised the cut.

"How!?" Sandra vocalised her inner turmoil, as she walked out the bathroom to stand at the edge of the bed. The evidence was not adding up. She had missed something.

"I'll show you how, but later. You need to eat first." Micah didn't want to tell her just yet. It's not like he could shift comfortable in her apartment either. A seclude place would do.

"No, I need answers. You were stabbed last night but it looks like you were stabbed a few weeks ago. You refused to go to a hospital. I demand answers, now." Sandra had enough and was not in a position to eat anything. She had respected his privacy all this time but now it had crossed the line when the element of danger was added to the equation.

"You're not going to believe me unless I show you." Micah knew that saying it outright would just make her laugh. She was a woman of science and needed evidence to back up his statements. She only had minor evidence with his advance physical healing. When there was no scar, that would to another conversation. It was either tell her today or get out.

But Micah didn't want to leave quite yet.

"Well show me, because right now I think I need to go get an MRI done," Sandra replied. She was losing her mind trying to come up with a logical explanation. None of the case studies or medical journals had mentioned such phenomenon. The only rational answer that was coming to mind was that she was losing her mind.

"No, you don't. Trust me," Micah reassured. The last thing he needed was a hospital involved. That would lead to deleting records, bribery and making people disappear if need be. An unwanted complication.

"Don't you see it? All I have done is trust you instead of taking logical action," Sandra desperately accused. She was doing everything wrong and this was finally where it all blew up.

Not looking before leaping.

"You're right. Go get ready." It was now or never. They were at a crossroad and Micah had chosen their path. After today, everything would change.

There would be no escape from the darkness.

"I am ready," she argued.

"Get in the shower Sandra, I won't disappear," Micah commanded. But the nagging voice of doubt whispered to Sandra otherwise. After a few moments of staring off, Sandra grumbled and went to get ready. At least he wasn't going to force her to eat.

Micah drove, watching Sandra, while she fiddled endlessly with the bottom button of her blouse. She hadn't said a word since she had jumped into the shower. There was a moment he could've sworn that Sandra was thinking about running when he stopped at a red light, not that he would blame her. He was driving to one of the Lykos properties, which he preferred to call his home. They held many properties all over the world but his brother, Rafael, had claimed one property as the head quarter of his operation and his home. Even though Micah was frequently there, he preferred to have a space to himself.

The property that he was taking Sandra to was in a residential area, except the plots of land were extremely large and the walls were high in his neighbourhood for complete privacy. He typed a code at the gate and placed his thumb down on the biometric scanner, before the large iron gates swung open. Micah didn't both driving all the way to the house, rather stopping the middle of the extremely large driveway. There were many, many trees planted, as if Micah had his own personal forest. The trees were extra privacy from the outside world.

"What is this place?" Sandra finally spoke. She was wondering how she had managed to even speak those words. The whole drive she had spent thinking of the worst-case scenarios. Right now, she was probably going to end up murdered, like an idiot, she thought.

"Home," Micah summarised, keeping it simple. This was his current home until he changed his mind. He usually enjoyed moving around and helping the world of medicine from behind the scenes, however something had kept him back. There was something more important that the world of medicine, his family.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" Sandra looked around, they were completely isolated on this property and no one knew where she was. This would be the easiest kidnapping in the world, but for some reason she doubted that those were Micah's intentions.

"Nope, I want to show you what I am." Micah stepped out the car, waiting for Sandra to unbuckle her belt and join him. His words hadn't gone unnoticed by Sandra, as she followed him for a short walk into the mini forest.

"Sandra, I will tell you something and give you evidence afterwards. You just need to connect the dots." Micah decided to forgo the world undressing scene since he could easily replace his clothes. He would shift fully dressed.

"Connect the dots, simple," Sandra mumbled.

"I can transform into a wolf." And then she showed her by shifting into a large black wolf.

Blood.

Stabbing.

Wolf.

The information and experience were far too much for Sandra to comprehend. She fainted.

~*~

She's a lucky one.