Chapter 15: For the girl who lost everything

This chapter and the next occurs concurrently with the last part of the previous chapter, before the heroes of Universe-838 grouped together at the Baxter Building.

New Asgard

The air was thick with tension, the silence in the room was deafening. Every eye was fixed on Doctor Strange, Wanda, Clea, and Magneto who stood before them. Strange struggled to explain the incursion, but the weight of guilt and remorse hung heavy in the air. He revealed that Wanda, corrupted by the darkhold at the time, was responsible for triggering the incursion, and the earthquake that had rocked the world was only the beginning.

Wong's logical mind knew that Wanda did not mean any of it, but he found it difficult to forgive her. Monica Rambeau felt both pity and anger towards Wanda, remembering how she had stood up for her during the Westview incident. The heroes were sympathetic, but their disappointment and anger towards Wanda were palpable.

As they processed the news, they remained unaware that Wanda was the very being they were after.

Monica (Photon): So you're saying... Wanda decided to read some evil book which made her go on a killing spree on another universe... Which inadvertantly triggered the incursion?

Doctor Strange: Yes, she wanted to go to a universe where her children were still alive.

Wanda lowered her head, looking down and she snuffles with tears dripping on the floor.

Wanda: I... I'm sorry... I'm...

Monica sighed and closed her eyes after hearing the reason why Wanda did it. She understood her pain. Daredevil could sense her sadness and guilt with his heightened senses, it nearly overwhelmed him.

Daredevil: I believe her. Look I don't know her but I can sense the goodness, inside of her, along with a strange chronic sadness.

Hawkeye: Wanda, you couldn't control your actions. I know what that feels like, trust me.

Hawkeye was referring to the time when he was being controlled by Loki's scepter. He glances at Loki. Sylvie turns her head to look at Loki as well.

Loki: Oh yeaaahh I totally forgot... sssorry about that... I guess...

White Wolf (Bucky): Don't even get me started on how I was being brainwashed by Nazi's and became their most ruthless assassin.

Suddenly another giant earthquake struck the globe. This time it was a bit longer than the previous one, it lasted for 30 seconds. More buildings were damaged and more people were severely injured, not just around the world, but two entire universes. This time there were even a few deaths.

Magneto: It's getting worse... It's only a matter of time now before the universes collide. That's when the real catastrophe happens.

Spider-Man: There has to be something we can do! We need to go out there and take people to shelter and protect them from another wave!

Shang-Chi: I agree. We can't just be sitting ducks.

Doctor Strange: We can't possibly be in a trillion places at once. This is not only happening here... It's happening everywhere... on every planet... on both universes.