Chapter 22: Death to the Queen of Chaos

New York

The world has lost all hope, the incursion was destroying everything in its path, time was running out and the entire city of New York was torn apart

A shroud of heart-wrenching sadness draped over the scene as they embraced Wanda in their arms. They knew that time was running out, and the inevitability of her demise loomed over them like a dark cloud. Doctor Strange, Magneto, Spider-Man and Hawkeye held onto her tightly, unwilling to let go. Monica, Kate and Kamala (Ms Marvel) stood next to them with their hands on her shoulders.

Tears streamed down her face as they held onto her, cherishing the fleeting moments she had left. It was a goodbye, a farewell to a tortured soul who didn't deserve such a cruel fate. Wanda, who had endured so much pain and trauma, felt the warmth of their embrace and realized for the first time what it truly meant to be loved. It was a moment she would never forget, a bittersweet reminder of the love and compassion she had longed for all her life. Never in her entire lonely, traumatic life has Wanda ever felt this kind of warmth. The embrace of multiple people holding her in their arms like family. It reminded her of what she always wanted from the start... All she ever wanted in her life... Being loved. At this moment, she realized that no matter what, there will always be people who care about her.

The reality of that thought loomed heavily on her heart. The thought of a future she could never have filled her with deep sadness, even as Spider-Man's words gave her a glimmer of hope. She knew what needed to be done, but the instinct to survive, to cling onto life, was a force too powerful to ignore. It was like trying to keep her eyes open without blinking, a futile battle against her own nature.

As they hugged her, their embrace growing tighter with each passing moment, the rest of the heroes from our universe and universe-838 emerged from portals, ready to end her life. Wanda's angst became worse as she took in small, shallow breaths, her tears falling to the ground below. But the heroes holding onto her refused to let go, holding onto her with all their strength as they faced the inevitable. It was a moment of unparalleled emotion, a testament to the power of love even in the darkest of times. Tony Stark of 838 approached them slowly, upon seeing the scene, he felt a sense of guilt for what they were going to do to her.

Iron Man (838): Stephen Strange... It is time.

Strange knew what Wanda felt at this moment. Because this is exactly what he felt inside of him as well. Cold feet. As they were hugging her, they could feel the tremors of her body shaking in angst and dread.

Loki: Step aside so that we can finish this.

Captain Marvel: We understand this is hard, Stephen. We are not heartless monsters... If there was any other way... I would never do this in a million years. But you gotta understand that countless lives are at stake...