chapter 13

(This is based 2 years later)

{Kaitos pov}

[Kaitos birthday]

"Maki roll!!! Im 18 now!" "Happy birthday..." She pouted as she handed me a birthday card. I opened it, and it said "happy birthday Kaito. Now you're an adult you can legally smoke and you don't have to do it down creepy allies!"

"Heeeey! I don't smoke!" "Yet" she replied, with a grin. I hugged her, and without realising, I lifted her into my arms.

"K-kaito!!!" She kicked me, causing me to drop her. "Sorry, Maki roll!" "How stupid can you be, Kaito!?" She blushed. "I-i'm sorry... Maki roll..."

Maki stood up next to me, and pulled me down to her face. Smiling, she softly kissed me on the cheek.

[Later]

{Makis pov}

*Stupid shop...* I got kicked out of the engagement ring shop, apparently 'only the boys propose' luckily, there was another one nearby.

"Can I have a silver ring with a purple gem?" "yes, what size?" "..." I handed the measurements for Kaitos finger.

(Sigh) I went back to me and Kaito's dorm room, ring in my pocket. "Maki roll! Let's go get dinner! I found a really nice restaurant by a beach, and I has an amazing view of the stars! You can even see the milky way!" Kaito smiled.

Kaito took me out to dinner, it was nice. But it was sushi, so he kept making jokes about eating me, or me being a cannibal...

After we ate, we sat by the beach. "Hey... uh... Kaito" "mhm?" Kaito was gazing up at the stars.

I pulled the ring out of my pocket. Kaito turned to me "what's up Maki roll?" "W-w-wh-whh..." "Maki roll, are you OK?"

I couldn't think of something to say, so I grabbed his hand, and pushed the ring into his hand. "Maki roll? Are you seri-" "Kaito just answer yes or no!" "O-ok! Yes! Yes!"

<the end>