To New Encounters

"Taylor," I hear someone waking me up. I blink open my eyes and my heart immediately drops as I see a person towering over me.

Then as I see Aria relief washes over me.

"Yea," I grab my phone from the nightstand to check the time.

"I just wanted to say that I'm gonna be going out, I'll be back later,"

"Okay,"

I turn around and lay my head back on the pillow. And as soon as I hear her leave I reach over and grab my glasses from the nightstand.

I then sit up and grab my phone.

I go to my messages and reply to mom.

Me: I love you more mom. I promise you won't have to worry about me and boys. I plan to focus on my education ;)

I then close back my phone and place it back on the nightstand. I get up from my bed and take out my toothbrush to brush my teeth.

After I'm done brushing my teeth, I grab my book and lay down on the bed. I begin to read it.

~ 1 hour later

As I turn to chapter ten I start to feel myself grow hungry.

"I swore I ate not too long ago," I say to myself. I grab my keys, my phone, and my book.

I begin my walk off campus. Fifteen minutes into my walk I spot a diner around the corner.

I contemplate whether or not to go in but seeing as I'm right by it, why not try it?

I open the door and as I walk in I see a lady pouring a man some coffee. Her eyes then meet mine and she immediately greets me, "Hi love, you can take a seat anywhere,"

I look around the diner and see two seats available by the counter.

"Okay, thank you," I say as I take the seat by the counter. I look at the menu and see that they have an all-day breakfast. But as I look down the menu I find my favorite meal.

"Do you know what you want or do you need more time?" the waiter asks.

"I'm ready to order," I say as I place the menu down.

"Okay, what will it be then?" she says as she grabs out her notepad.

"May I have the fried steak with mashed potato and corn on the side please,"

"Of course, what would you like to drink?" she asks.

"Just water please," I say.

"Okay, I'll be back with your water in just a moment," she says as she grabs the menu and disappears to the back.

While I wait for my water, I begin to read my book. Two pages in I hear a bell sound, signifying that someone entered.

I was too invested in the book to see who came in.

"I'll be with you in just a moment sir," I hear the waiter say.

"No problem," I hear the voice say, with a slight accent.

She then brings my water and places it on the counter along with a straw.

"Thank you," I say giving her a small smile. I place the book on the counter as I open the straw.

"Your welcome, honey," she says walking away.

As I begin drinking my water I hear the sound of a chair being scraped against the floor.

I look over my shoulder to see who it was and as soon as I see him I feel my face blush and I look away immediately.

He was beautiful, just as beautiful as the other guy.