A Familiar Face

Beep

Be-

I shut off my phone, groaning in annoyance.  I reached over to grab my glasses. I tried moving my hand around to see where it was, but I couldn't find it.

Where could I have putten it?

I slide into my slippers and walk around the room. I open the bathroom and see it on the counter; I must have left it there after showering last night.

I grabbed my toothbrush, put in some toothpaste, and brushed my teeth.

Being organized was one of my top priorities and knowing how much work I'd probably be given, I wanted to have one day of early classes and the next day of not-so-early classes.

I'm glad I chose that

Finishing off with mouth wash I turned on the shower, stripping myself of my clothes.

***

I tied the towel getting out of the bathroom. I slathered on some lotion and then finished off with some body oil, and deodorant.

After that I did my skincare, never forgetting to put on sunscreen. I walked towards my suitcase, I really should unpack these clothes into the drawers.

I put on some undergarments and put on a black T-shirt with some jeans and a pair of shoes. I grabbed a hoodie just in case it was going to be cold in class.

I grabbed my backpack, switching out the items in my bag from yesterday, and replacing them with new ones. I walked to the bathroom.

I put my hair in a ponytail, leaving two strands of hair to help frame my face. I then grabbed my glasses and my other things before leaving the dorm.

I made my way out of the building and to the cafeteria. Once I got to the cafeteria, I grabbed a tray, filling it up with food. 

The lunch lady gave me my receipt and I looked around for a place to sit. Unfortunately, all the tables were filled.

Outside it is then.

I walked out and sat on a bench outside. As I was eating, I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out and it showed a text from Mom.

Mom: Hey sweetie, I  just wanted to wish you a good day at school, and l love you very much.

Me: I will Mom, have a good day at work as well. Love you more<333

I quickly ate my breakfast before dumping it into the trash. I looked at the time and it read ten-thirty a.m.

I guess I'm going to be early today.

I then began my walk to my first period of the day. When I arrived at my first class, I saw only a couple of people there.

I took a seat in the back and began unpacking my things. As I started to take out my laptop, I heard the sound of a chair being pulled against the floor.

I looked over to my right and saw a boy sitting next to me. I was slightly confused as to why he chose to sit next to me, seeing how there are so many other choices.

But then the nervousness started to fill my brain. I tried to not think about it and distract myself by taking out my materials.

The sound of a pencil falling on the floor and rolling towards my foot caught me off, guard. I then looked over and realized it belonged to the boy next to me.

I looked over at him to find him busily rummaging through his backpack. I hesitantly tapped the boy's shoulder.

He turned his head over to me.