Chapter Thirty Three- The Truth

I am sat reading a book on the couch on the Monday, the high school had a vacation day, the kids school however, did not, so I had dropped them and come home for a day of rest, alone, curled up with a book.

I look down to the arm of the couch as my phone buzzes and it's a message from Sam, we had slept together on Saturday, an evening spent in my old bedroom. I didn't think I would ever sleep with a girl in that bed again, but as the guests all partied away outside, Sam undressed me with speed and threw me down for round two. It was something I could tell she had been thinking about as she had kissed me hungrily and ran her hands down my body as I unbuttoned her shirt in the same vain. Two hours this time, without Leah on my mind, and this time Sam was a little more familiar. Perhaps I enjoyed it more, because deep down strangers didn't connect me to the emotional experience of sex, and sleeping with them didn't give me everything I desired. That is why being with Leah, who I loved, it had been a different experience entirely. She had made love to me, and that was what sex with strangers lacked, the emotion.

S- Don't be mad that I've not vanished into a ghostly puff of smoke... Lydia gave me your number and I'm hoping you will agree to round three, or if not, perhaps a drink? X Sam

I place the phone back down and consider it for a minute, looking vacantly out of the window before being drawn back to the front door by the bell.

I place the book down and walk out to the hallway, looking at the security and seeing Teddy stood there with a black t shirt, grey sweats and a black snapback on backwards. I frown and open it up and she looks to me and reaches for the ladder that she had placed against the wall "what the..." i muse looking at the ladder and then to Teddy "what are you doing here" I ask.

She points up toward the camera on the wall that faces the door "a little DIY" she muses with a smile and she reaches down and grabs a baseball bat "and I brought you a present" she says holding up the shiny new bat.

I watch as she enters the house "where is the security plugged into" she asks.

I am still reeling with questions "Teddy what are you doing" I ask confused.

She looks to me "Morgan I will tell you in four short minutes" she counters.

I groan and point to a cupboard down the hall. "The security hub is in there... lots of wires. I'm not sure what's what" I say.

She places the ladder against the hall wall and flings open the cupboard "ah ha" she says disappearing inside.

The sounds of plastic smashing makes me run over and look inside as Teddy smashed the last bit of tech from the wall with the baseball bat and pulled out every wire with her bare hands. "Theodora that was tens of thousands of dollars worth of security" I say open mouthed.

She turns and smiles "and now it's useless"

She enters the hallway "but just incase" she says placing the ladder against the wall, and she climbs up. Then, using her own brute strength she pulls the camera from the wall revealing the wires hanging out the back of it

"Fucking hell Teddy... have you lost your damn mind" I shout.

She climbs back down and moves into the kitchen and does the same, and then in the family room before returning to me where I stand completely confused and beyond frustrated "any more" she asks.

I point to the back sliding door "there's one pointing at the pool" I say, just letting her carry on at this point since I would have to get a new system installed anyway.

When the last camera is out Teddy walks back into the kitchen and throws five cameras down onto the floor with a large smile "Better get cable now you toxic bitch" she mutters.