015

"Ahhhh!" The following morning Hwayoung was woken up by her roommate's scream. She scrambled out of bed to see what happened. She stepped out of her room to find Jiyoung dying of laughter on the floor and Aejung holding her heart. The bedroom door was wide open. Hwayoung could barely see inside but what she could see were the plastic cockroaches Jiyoung had bought the other day. Hwayoung rolled her eyes before walking over to the fridge to get the ingredients for her smoothie.

"So are you coming to Muyeol's Halloween party tonight?" Jiyoung took a seat across from Hwayoung. Aejung had locked Jiyoung out of their room.

"I don't know who that is," Hwayoung said as she opened one of her new books.

"Right," Jiyoung lifted her leg to have her foot seated on the chair. She brought her knee closer to her. "He's a guy from one of my classes. He said he's going to throw a big Halloween party in his parent's mansion,'' She went on to describe where she thinks he said his parent's place is. "So will you come with us?"

"Whose us?"

"All of us minus Yerin, she said she had to pick up an extra shift so she won't be able to make it."

"Even if I wanted to go I don't have a costume," She took a sip of her smoothie.

"I got you covered." Jiyoung got up and walked to her room. "Aejung, open the door!" She banged on the door.

Aejung opened the door but she clearly wasn't happy. "What?"

"I need to get Hwayoung's costume."

At that Aejung's face lit up. She moved out of the way to let Jiyoung in. She walked out holding up what looked like a more mature and less fluffy version of her friend's quince dress from back home. "We're going to be assassin princesses."

"I thought you were insane before," Hwayoung stood up and walked over to her.

"Oh c'mon look," She was holding a fake dagger. "You can strap this to your thigh." Hwayoung took a step closer to admire the dress. "I know how much you like to read these types of books." Jiyoung wiggled her eyebrows.

Hwayoung turned to look at her with shock on her face. "Okay," Hwayoung took the dress and dagger. "I'll go."

Aejung started jumping up and down. "Yay!" She looked like a child but also like Hayun to Hwayoung.

"When Seongja gets home she's going to start doing our makeup while Gyuri will do our hair."

"They volunteered," Aejung said before walking into her room.

Hwayoung left her dress and dagger on her bed before going back to her smoothie.

"I'm home," Seongja had gotten back from her new job. She tossed her shoes to the side before walking to her room. Everyone came out ready to get their makeup and hair done. Seongja walked back out of her room holding what looked like every single makeup product ever made. Gyuri also walked out of the room with her holding a curling and straightening iron, hair jewels, fake flowers, butterfly clips, hair ties, and bobby pins.

"Who's first?" They asked at the same time.

One at a time one of them would walk into Gyuri's room and go to the dining table at Seongja's station after. Aejung went first.

"Why aren't both of you in our room?" Nari asked.

"Because the kitchen has better natural light for me to do your makeup," Seongja was slowly taking out everything she needed. "This is so exciting." She squealed.

Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles started playing from Hwayoung's phone, telling her Hayun was calling her. Hwayoung ran to her room and closed the door behind her before answering her phone.