Sirius Please

No pov-

Upon hearing the crash Remus rushed to push open the door. He ended up breaking the lock as he had forgotten that his wand was in his back pocket. As the door swung open and slammed into the wall beside it, revealing the horrific scene within. The sight made Remus momentarily freeze.

While the old thick curtains were drawn they did not block out all of the daylight. They left a strip of light able to illuminate the horrific scene that caused the source of the crash. Sirius and the now broken ornate glass chandelier, there was a rope connecting the two. One end around the middle of the chandelier and the other Sirius' neck. There was glass shattered everywhere.

After his momentary freeze Remus rushed forward taking off his jacket to clear as much of the shattered glass away from Sirius as possible. After clearing the glass he made quick work of the rope and the chandelier frame from on top of Sirius.

As he worked he kept repeating "please no. Please don't be dead. I can't lose you again Sirius, please stay with me starlight."

It became his mantra as he worked. As soon as it was safe he began to check Sirius for signs of life, he could feel a pulse but it was weak however he couldn't hear any breaths. Sirius was alive but barely.

Without thinking about CPR Remus gently wrapped Sirius in a blanket and lifted him from the floor. He thought better than appariting as in Sirius' condition the risk of splinching was high and could be fatal. Instead he made his way to the drawing room which was the nearest fireplace connected to the Floo network.

He set Sirius down to pull out the bowl of Floo powder and was thankful that it's location from before his death was still the same. Once it was placed in a reachable location he lifted Sirius back up as carefully as he could, as to not make anything worse. He grabbed a handful of Floo powder with his hand that was under Sirius' knees and stepped into the fireplace.

"St. Mungo's Hospital reception" Remus said as he dropped the Floo powder as carefully as he could without jostling Sirius.

As soon as the pair arrived a group of medi witches rushed over. Remus let them take Sirius for treatment. A couple of medi witches stayed with Remus to ask him some questions though he wasn't able to answer them all.

"Do you know how this happened?" the first asked

"I think he tried to hang himself. I'm not sure how long he was hanging there before his weight became too much for the chandelier he used and they both fell to the ground."

"Has he tried to hang himself before this?" the second medi witch asked as she made notes of everything.

"When we were teenagers. He was in a really dark place because of his parents being abusive" Remus admitted while omitting the information about the prank

"Was he treated here or somewhere else?"

"It was Hogwarts. He had returned home for family reasons but when it happened they didn't bring him here. They sent him back to school in a similar state to this, I don't know why they did that back then."

"When was this exactly?"

"Early 1976, we were 5th years but I don't remember the exact date." Remus told them as memories moved to the front of his mind. "He ran away the summer of that year, it helped him to be away from that."

"That does tend to help, is there anyone we can call?" the first one asked.

"I'll call them, it's probably better if I tell them."

"Of course, take a seat and we'll tell you when he's stable, tell those you need to as you wait." she smiled before the two medi witches turned and walked away.