I

┓

the sweet taste of being utter perfection

𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 7𝚝𝚑 1983
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

valentine walks to her bathroom mirror, drying her hair with a towel after getting out of the shower. she quickly dries off her body to put on an outfit for school.

she wore a pair of lightwash baggy jeans and a dark cropped jumper. shown above. she put a pair of white hightop converse with it and after she git dressed she brushed her teeth.

she quickly goes to her room to do her hair and do her makeup.

she quickly dried her hair with a hairdryer and  then straightened it to give it a bouncy and voluminous effect. it framed her face perfectly, the ends curling towards her face was exactly what she wanted.

she did light natural makeup so her freckles were showing, you'd only notice if you looked close. she hated her freckles but she'd be leaving soon so she didnt have enough time. she used a light natural pink lipstick then quickly got up to put things for school in her bag before jogging down her stairs, careful to not fall.

"come on valentine!! we're leaving" her dad called, "coming!!" she shouts back before kissing her mother on the cheek. "bye mom have a good day love you!!" she says before running off, barely hearing the "bye sweetie! enjoy school" her mother calls out to her.

valentine runs down her garden steps to her dad's convertible in the driveway. she quickly gets in the car, backpack at her feet, seatbelt buckled and the radio playing, and with that, her dad drives off.

valentine enjoys the drive to school, she can see the beautiful flower filled fields. she drives past her boyfriend and his friends.

"joe!!" she calls out, waving, he looks up and waves to her, "hey babe!" he shouts back before blowing a kiss and winking, making valentine giggle.

"is that your dick of a boyfriend?" her dad says to her, she turns to face her dad, her back hitting the hard leather seat. "he isnt a dick. joseph is a lovely, humble boy" she replies, "language valentine walker!" her dad snaps at her.

"and to be frank, your boyfriend is quite the dick after the first time he met me and your mother" her father says, turning the corner. "hey dude, mrs walker" valentine's father imitates, "dad! that was ONE time, if you gave him one more chance he cou-" valentine begins before her dad cuts her off.

"he had his one chance and blew it" he says, pulling up to the sidewalk outside hawkins high school. "have a good day sweetheart, i'll pick you up if you want?" he offers, "no no it's okay, i think i'm going over nancy's tonight so i'll see you after?" valentine replies. "sure, call me if you need picking up" he says.

"okay i will! bye love you dad!" she says before opening the car door and grabbing  her bag, "bye love you" he says before valentine turns to walk to school. valentine hates how quickly her dad can go from being a complete and utter dick to a loving parent when he knows people are watching.

"hey valentine" a group of girls say to her as she walks by, she smiles to them and waves. "valentineee" a few boys whistle as she passes, she awkwardly smiles.