XI

┓

and tonight, we draw blood.

𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 10𝚝𝚑, 1983
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚢𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎
𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

"jonathan? are you there, man?" the three teens are shocked to hear the voice that's om the other side of the door. "it's.. it's steve" he says, "listen! i just wanna talk" he says.

he knocks again and nancy of all people answer, "steve listen to me" she says, he's clearly taken aback by her presence here, "hey nancy what-" she cuts him off. "you need to leave" she tells him, "i'm not trying to start anything" he says. "i don't care about that, you need to leave" she says.

"no no no, listen, i messed up, okay? i messed... i messed up" he stammers, "okay?" he says. "really, please. i just want to make things right" he says. "is that okay? please, nance please" he says.

she grips the door with her wrapped hand, "hey, what happened to your hand? oh my god nancy, is that blood?" he asks, "nothing.. it was.. an accident" she says to her boyfriend, ex boyfriend whatever he is.

"yeah, what's going on?" he asks, "nothing" nancy replies, "wait a sec.. did.. he do this to you?"  steve asks, his blood boiling, "no" nancy says, "nancy, let me in!" he says, "no! no! no! steve!!" she starts shouting but steve pushes through.

"you need to get out of here" jonathan says as steve looks at the weapons around him, "whoa. what is all-" nancy cuts him off "listen to me, im not askinv you anymore, im telling you. get out!" she says.

"what is that smell?" he asks, "is that.. gasoline?" he asks, "steve get out" nancy says, "wait.. what? what is going on?" steve asks, "you have five seconds to get out of here" nancy holds a gun up to steve's shoulder, "nancy! don't threaten him with a fucking gun" valentine says, "okay.. is this a joke? stop. put the gun down" steve says.

nancy begins counting down while valentine tries to convince her to not shoot steve all while trying to get steve to leave.

"guys.. guys! the lights!!" jonathan yells, "its here" he says and the three teens run to the living room and put their backs to one anothers while turning.

"wait, whats here?" steve asks, "where the fuck is iy?" valentine says, looking around, "where is what?" steve asks.

"easy with the gun nance! jesus christ" he says, "where is it?!?" nancy asks, "i don't know" jonathan replies, "im not seeing it" valentine says, "where is what?" steve asks, staring at the three teens circling the living room.

"hello? will someone please explain to me what the hell is going o-" he gets cut off by a monster fallung through the ceiling and roaring. "RUN STEVE" valentine yells, shooting a few bullets as jonathan shouts for him to go, nancy close behin the two boys running. valentine also begins running. "jump steve!!" she shouts to him as he nears the bear trap, he listens and jumps over.

she jumps over the besr trap and throws herself into the bedroom and onto steve, he wraps his arms around her as she pants, tears rolling down her cheeks slowly. they quickly jump apart remembering nancy and jonathan are with them and steve and nancy are still somewhat together but to steve's and valentine's suprise, they're watching the yoyo like it's life or death; when in realiity, it is.