IV

the quarry

𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 8𝚝𝚑 1983
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 & 𝚟𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎'𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎
𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 & 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

steve and nancy had drove to get valentine out of urgency.

"hello?" valentine says, opening her door, "you're gonna wanna hurry to the quarry, josh is there and.." nancy says, trailing off out of complete shock, "they found will" steve says, "shit" valentine says, rushing to put a pair of shoes on. she grabs her white converse from earlier today and rushes down to steves car.

"fucking drive steve" valentine says, putting her shoes on, luckily she hadn't gotten changed into her pajamas yet so she wasnt too cold although she was shivering.

"steve do you have anything i can warm myself up with?" she asks, "uh yeah one second" he says, he pulls over. "THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!? DRIVE!!" valentine yells at him, her knowing what her brother is like when he's upset has got her on edge.

he tosses her the sweatshirt he had on; no way is he being responsible for one of the walkers getting hypothermia or pneumonia. no way in hell.

she puts it om and with that, steve starts speeding to the quarry.

when they get there valentine near enough throws herself out of the car to find her brother. she sees him and his friends and she runs over to them.

"josh, are you okay?" she asks, hugging her brother, "i don't know" he replies, slowly hugging his older sister back.

"it's not will.. it can't be" someone says in the distance.

"it's really will, it's him" someone else says.

"mike.." a girl with a shaved head turns to him looking sorry, "mike! mike!' what?!?" he shouts and she gasps, "you were supposed to help us find him ALIVE" he says.

"you said he was alive! why did you lie to us?!?" he shouts. "what's wrong with you?" he exhales, slowly, asthough he was trying to stay calm as if he was anyways, "what is wrong with you?" he repeats. "mike come on, no one knew.." valentine says, "mike dont do this come on" lucas says as mike grabs his bike and starts cycling off.

"josh you coming?" lucas says, he looks up at valentine for permission. "stay safe, don't do anything stupid and be home for 9:30 at the latest" valentine replies. "please take care of him, i beg" she says to his friends lucas and dustin, they nod. "of course" lucas says, "i'd do anything for you" dustin says, his crush on the older girl visible. "charming" valentine says, awkwardly, "you think so?" dustin does an awkward hair flip and lip bite, lucas kicks him, "ow!" dustin says, "bro you're embarrassing me and yourself. come on" he says.

the two boys cycle off and the unknown girl gets on the back of josh's bike, she says goodbye to her brother before watching him cycle after his friends; glad her brother's friends will take care of him.

i walk over to nancy and steve after saying bye to my brother. "he's okay.. mike on the otherhand.." she says, "is he okay?" nancy asks, "just shaken up i think, the shock you know?" valentine replies, she nods. steve wraps his arm around her.