VIII

only love, sweetheart, only love

𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 10𝚝𝚑 1983
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚘𝚘𝚗

valentine walks in the police station to hear nancy and flo talking.

"you and your boyfriend have big plans, do you?" flo asks. hold up, boyfriend?? valentine thinks to herself. "he's not my boyfriend" nancy replies, chuckling slightly. "i think you better tell him that" she says to nancy, "what?" nancy asks.

"only love makes you that crazy, sweetheart.." she trails offf, "and that damn stupid" she adds after about five seconds of pausing. she gives nancy the ice and nancy sits next to jonathan.

"found some ice" she smiles softly at him before putting it against his face. "thanks" he smiles back for a moment valentine had to remind herself that her bestfriend was dating steve who, about twenty minutes ago, was hugging her apologising for punching her, giving her a black eye.

valentine sits in a seat not too far from the pair she came looking for, flo gave her ice for her black eye.

"jonathan?" mrs byers runs in, "jesus, what... what happened?" she says running to her son, "ma'am" callahan says, "i'm fine" jonathan replies. "why is he wearing handcuffs?" joyce asks, "well your son here assaulted a police officer that's why" he replies. "take them off" joyce demands. "i'm afraid i can't do that miss" he says to her. "take them off!!" joyce raises her voice; something valentine has never heard her do before.

"you hear her, take 'em off" the chief walks in. "chief, i get everyone's emotional here but there's something you need to see" callahan says, placing the box of weapons down, nancy and valentine share an "oh shit, we are fucked" look.

"what's this?" joyce says, "why don't you ask your son? we found it in his car" he says, "what?" joyce says, "you went through my car?!?" jonathan asks, astonished. "why are you going through my car?" jonathan asks, "is that really the question you should be asking right now?" hopper involves himself

"i wanna see you in my office" he says "you won't believe me" jonathan says, "or us" valentine mutters under her breath, "why don't you give me a try?" the chief says softly just after scoffing.

the three teens sit in chief jim hopper's office with joyce and hopper; nancy and valentine helping jonathan explain what the weapons in his car were about.

"you said blood.. draws this thing?" hopper asks, "we don't know" nancy says, "it's just a theory" valentine says as jonathan gets taken outside by his mother.

the two teens continue explaining things to hopper.

"you risked your life... and nancy's" she says, "valentine's too" she adds, "i thought you would've known better" joyce tells her son. "i.. i know mom.. i just.. i thought i could save will" jonathan says. "and those two are missing a friend.. barb, we think.." he pauses, "we think she might be where will is" he says. joyce's face shows a look of sympathy mixed with realisation.

valentine's heart breaks for the byers family, it seems her hearts been doing alot of breaking and it wasn't even for herself, it was for everyone else.

"oh, god, i just got an image of him making that face while he and nancy are screwing" carol says, tommy chuckles, "he'll let valentine have a turn too" tommy says. "carol. for once in your life shut your damn mouth" steve shouts. "man you never talk about my girlfriend like that" joe says, although steve knew he only argued back because of what valentine told him. he knew joseph and the way his head works, he doesn't like if his girlfriend will give her card away to another man, nor does he like the idea of it.

"hey, what's your problem, man?" tommy says, "you're both complete assholes, that's my problem" steve says. "are you serious right now, man?" tommy scoffs, "yeah, im serious" steve says. "you shouldn't have done that" he says, "done what?" tommy asks. "you know what" steve says.

"you mean call her out for what she really is?" tommy says. "oh, that's funny, because i don't remember you asking me to stop" tommy says. "i should've put that spray paint right down your throat" steve says to him. "what the hell, steve?" carol says.

"you know, neither of you ever cared about her, you never even liked her, because she's not miserable like you two" he says "she actually cares about other people" he pauses, "val too, they're both so selfless and you don't like them for that which is real shitty" he says.

"the slut with a heart of gold and little miss perfect; the even bigger slut with a even bigger heart of gold, maybe twenty-four carat since she's such a perfect slut" carol states. "i told you to watch your mouth!" steve yells, "hey, i don't know what's gotten into you, man, but you don't talk to her that way" tommy clicks his tongue and steve scoffs.

"get out of my face" he says, "or what?" tommy asks, pushing him which caused steve to grunt; sore from his fight with jonathan. "or what?" tommy repeats his actions.

"you gonna fight me too now huh?" he, yet again, pushes steve. "you gonna fight me too now?" he asks and pushes steve. "because you couldn't take jonathan byers.." he pauses, spitting on the ground, "so i wouldn't recommend that" he states, the annoyance he's feeling clear in his voice.

steve, deciding he was done, opened his car to get in; tommy pushing him. "here! let me get the door for you buddy" he says before slamming steve's car door. steve begins pulling off. "that's right. run away, stevie boy! run away! just like you always do!" he yells at steve through the car windows.

"that nancy is turning you into a little pussy!!" he yells as steve drives off, giving tommy the middle finger through the window.

"those two sluts are ruining steve" tommy states, going back to carol and joseph. the pair nod. "aren't you gonna defend your girl?"carol asks joseph, "if she'd rather look after byers she isnt really MY girl is she?" he says.

"bro did you even get to take her for a spin?" tommy asks and joseph shakes his head, "keep your head high man, plenty of bitches in the sea" tommy says, earning a nod from joseph in return.

poor valentine walker didn't know her boyfriend wasn't just someone who tastes like cinnamon, who smells like sandlewood, who would sneak to her window for the wrong this.

definitely not. joseph walker was more of a heartless coward, who'd rather have a high body count than he would a girl who'd sit in silence with him because he doesn't have the mental energy to talk, who'll paint him his favourite album covers, who'd buy him things that remind her of him, he'd not rather valentine walker over a high bodycount.

i hope you enjoyed <3
please vote and comment
i'd love to read what you think😗💗
also joseph🙅‍♀️ we dont like joseph😚

please make sure your friends are okay :)!!! i love you

xen