XIII

bullshit, bullshit and even more bullshit

𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 31𝚜𝚝 1984
𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚊'𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢
𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎

kelly parker and joseph moore, kissing in a game of spin the bottle, although, to valentine it seemed asthough they ditched the game to snog.

"guess im gonna have to go and tell people that you aren't as perfect as i made you out to be joseph" valentine slurs.

"you're a cunt joe!!!" she yells, "fuck you!!" she yells again and he pulls away from kelly and sees her, "fuck! valentine i'm-" he begins before she cuts him off, "you're what? sorry? no don't make me laugh, you are a complete fuckung cunt joseph moore, you hear me?" she says.

"baby.." he says, "c. u. n t. you're a fucking cunt joseph. never fucking speak to me again, i can't believe you" she says to him. she turns and grabs someone's drink and throws it in his face. "cunt" she says to him before pushing through the crowd, "don't worry man atleast you got her" someone yells but she ignores it.

she goes to the kitchen and grabs a bottle of wine and a mini vodka bottle, she stuffs it in her pocket before leaving.

she opens the wine and begins drinking it. stumbling down the street.

"he's a cunt! he is a lying, cheating, bastardous scumbag!" she shouts to herself.

she hears a car pull up behind her, "great! now im getting kidnapped, go ahead and kidnap me mr..." she turns to see steve, "steve?!" she says, "where's nancy?" she asks, "i don't know and to be frank, i don't care" he says, "woo-hoo-hoo! trouble in paradise mr stevie boy?" she asks, taking another swig of the wine, which is nearly empty.

"worse, have you been crying?" he asks, "ding ding ding" she replies, finishing the wine, "what can i do with this? i can't walk inside holding an empty bottle of wine.. my dad would throw it at my head" she says, knowing it's true.

she just tosses it into a bush. "i'll drive you home" steve says, she nods. he walks over to her and offers her his hand to help he walk to his car.

he buckles her in and gets in himself. "steve?" she calls out, placing her hand on his arm, "yeah?" he asks, "can you stay with me tonight? i don't feel like being alone" she says and he nods, "of course" he says, "thank you" she smiles. "do you have my clothes in your house?" he asks, she nods, "i think so or you can just wear- no you aren't wearing that cunt's clothes" she says.

they quickly get stuff from steves and drive back to valentine's house. he carries her upstairs and she changes into an oversized sweatshirt and shorts. steve just wears sweatpants and a tshirt. he grabs her bin from her bathroom and places it on her side of the bed.

steve hears sniffling after he climbs into bed. "val? are you okay?" he turns her over to see the girl silently bawling. "val, what's wrong?" he asked, the fight or flight in him being alert, "joseph" she stanmers, sobbing harder, "what did he do?" steve asks, "played spin the bottle and ditched to makeout with kelly fucking parker" the drunk girl cries. "that son of a bitch, im so sorry val" he says. "the worst thing is, no one stopped him, they all cheered him on knowing he's dating me" she sobs harder.

he hugs his bestfriend and the two fall alseep in eachother's warm embrace.

pure comfort.

the next day the pair both took separate showers before school, to get rid of the smell of alcohol and to freshen up.