S1~The Bathtub

Dustin and y/n were sat in Mike basement, waiting him to finish wiping off El's makeup when static and broken up, fuzzy sentences came through the walkie.
"Hello? Lucas?" y/n asked into it as she picked it up. they couldn't exactly make out what he was saying but he definitely sounded panicked. The siblings then looked at each other and y/n nodded her head towards the bathroom door.
"Guys!" Dustin shouted as he busted into the bathroom "It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble." he panted. he walked back towards his sister with Mike and El following close behind and he explained
"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" "Yeah."
"What if he found it?" y/n handed Mike the walkie as Lucas was shouting through it.
"What's he saying?"
"we don't know, he's way out of range." y/n spoke
"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you." Mike told him but all they got back was muffled nonsense
"Mad hen? Does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something?"
"The bad men are coming!" was finally, clearly heard through the radio
"Bad men. Bad men!" Mike shouted as his brain tried to hatch a plan
"Stay here." he told El as he put the radio down on the table and him and Dustin ran up the stairs of the basement. y/n stayed with El so she didn't start panicking or try to follow Mike. Foot steps and muffled shouting was heard above them as y/n got herself and eleven ready to run. The boys came sprinting down the stairs which was a clear sign to leave. The group ran out of the door and picked up their bikes, pulling them alongside them, El was just running next to Mike. They all jumped on their bikes with El on the back of Mike's and they took a second to look back at what they were dealing with. Bad idea. About 5 fully grown men marched towards them. One man with white hair clearly rained superiority as he marched in front of the others.
"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go!" Dustin shouted as they all began to ride away as fast as their legs to pedal. Behind, the faint sound of engines starting reached y/n's ears, sending a shiver down her spine. Tires screeched as they tried pedalling faster
"Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God."
"Dustin! Dustin, do you copy?" Lucas shouted through the walkie
"Yeah, Lucas, they're on us." Dustin spoke through his headset which he connected to his radio
"Where are you?"
"Cornwallis."
"Meet me at Elm and Cherry!"
"Copy. Elm and Cherry!" Dustin shouted so that Mike knew where to go"
"Okay."
"shit!" Dustin shouted. 3 white vans sped behind then. Their hearts were pounding, legs were burning and they were out of breath, but they couldn't stop, not now.
"This way, come on!" y/n shouted as she directed them down an alternative route where the vans couldn't get. "Out of the way! Out of the way!" Dustin screamed as he rang the bell on his bike, speeding in between two girls who were singing. When they rounded the corner, they had reached Elm and Cherry and Lucas had joined onto the group. They all stopped for a brief moment to give themselves a break and to figure out where the vans had gone so they don't unexpectedly run into them. "Lucas!"
"Where are they?"
"I don't know."
"I think we lost them."
"no I don't think we did" y/n shouted as their tires screeched as they skidded around the corner behind them
"Go, go, go, go, go!"  They all screamed and yelled as they kept pedalling. Then out of nowhere, another van raced around the corner in front of them and began driving towards them. They were sandwiched in between vans. The screaming and yelling continued as they carried on pedalling. They wouldn't run over innocent children, would they? With every inch they got closer, y/n's hope died down even more. This was their final moments alive. Her fingertips went numb, the colour in her face began to drain, all sound around her dulled, she could no longer hear the shouting, dark spots started to appear in her vision, her legs had almost stopped pedalling, until, the van in front of them sprung into the air. As if in slow motion, everything came back to her. Her vision, her hearing, the feeling in her hands and legs. The group watched in disbelief as the van flew over them, crashing right behind them with a huge thud. The flipped van blocked the road for the rast of the vans and they all screeched to a hault. The group just looked around at each other with faces of awe. No words were uttered, only pants of relief and breathlessness.
y/n took one last look back as they rode away, the men were just standing there, staring at the group with defeat.