Three

That bitter feeling, you want to get rid of it. Jealousy, anger, frustration, sadness. You want all of it out of your head as you stepped down the carriage, the full view of his home mocking your hurt soul as if saying how unfortunate you were to be in a place you didn't expect nor want.

This place was mocking your failure in becoming an empress.

"Did you not hear my words?" someone finally snapped you out of your own world.

You grimaced.

"Claude."

The said male hummed in satisfaction as he stopped beside you, his head tilting down a bit to watch your form.

You looked bitter.

The way you walk out of the carriage and look around earlier, the way you can't even look at him right now and utter some sentence about the palace. The way you just grimaced after realizing you were zoning out, the way you're now stiff beside him. It was too obvious.

"Is your mind absent enough that you did not even catch up with what I told you about something important?" he asked, his eyes trailing down at your actions like a hawk. Checking if there was something the blonde male could use in case you turn against him.

You simply gave him a sigh, "I apologize for my incompetence, may I ask you to repeat what you said earlier?"

Claude only averted his gaze towards his palace, the home he wants nothing to do but destroy. His sick home.

"The workers will be at the very entrance of the palace to greet us, I want you to be ready for it." You gawked at him, was that all?

"I can greet them formally if that is what you are afraid of." Seriously, does he think that you're some princess who can't even greet servants properly?

Yes, you were of course definitely stuck in your studies all the time just to be someone fitting for the throne you weren't going to inherit anyways because your parents decided that it was better if they give it to your younger brother who probably didn't have to experience the hell and sacrifice you did just to be someone capable of inheriting something so important like ruling a country.

But that doesn't mean you don't know how to greet servants, you definitely have manners more than any noblewomen existing in this world. That's how confident you were with your etiquette.

Claude ignored your assurance and walked pass you, "I don't care of you embarrass yourself in front of the servants or make them admire you, all I want for you is to stay in line. Do not step into my boundaries, as you are only going to be my wife and empress."

"Your existence means nothing to me but a mere acquaintance."

Was all he said before completely leaving you behind to sink in his words.

How funny, you were so sure that Felix described him as someone who's kind and loving. Maybe the red head was wrong about his master, Claude is just as cruel as your parents. There may be even a possibility that your parents knew how terrible this man is and didn't care, as long as you were gone then it's all good.

But crying over something that already happened wasn't going to save you from the unfortunate things, the only thing you could do now is walk forward and stay alive. Until then, you'll figure things out for yourself.

For now, just move forward and stay alive.

Move forward and stay alive.

You stopped yourself from walking towards the entrance of the palace, biting your lip on frustration and sadness. You don't really know how to do the move forward part, maybe staying alive yes. But how can you move forward when your life is already crushed before you?

How can you move forward when there's literally nothing waiting for you the next day?

You have nothing now, you can't do anything but follow everyone.

You're only a mere puppet now.

You're lost.

"Princess?" a voice suddenly greeted you as you noticed a pair of boots appearing in your vision.

You looked up to see who it was and it was Felix, the crimson haired knight.

His eyes looked at you worriedly while checking your figure if there were any injuries before concluding that you're alright, what he didn't understand was why you were still standing there. Are you perhaps sick?

Seeming to understand what he's thinking, you waved your hands at him lightly and shake your head.

"I'm not sick or injured Felix," you told him. He didn't seem to believe your words and stood there in silence.

You sighed at this and frowned, "I assure you that my health is fine, you don't have to be so worried about me."

"Her highness has to be taken care of since you are going to be the future empress of this empire," he replied.

You couldn't help but smile at him, he's too kind for his own good. Now that you think of it, how can he even handle Claude's cold demeanor? It's even a miracle that someone can genuinely put up with his behavior, the red head isn't even scared for his life when he talk with the blonde man.

"Say Felix, are you not scared of his highness?" He only laughed at your question.

"His majesty can be scary most of the time but he is a good person my lady, people just tend to misunderstand him for his titles and actions. But if you get to know him deeply, you'll understand him."

Felix gave you a warm smile as he finished his sentence, "Don't worry Princess [First Name], I'm sure his highness will open up to you as time goes by."

"For now, we must immediately head in the palace since everyone has been waiting for you to arrive."

Your eyes widen in realization, the servants!

"Lead the way Felix."