❝What other detective?❞

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Griddy's Doughnuts had yellow tape closing off all entrances and uniformed officers processing the crime scene while the plain clothed detectives take a look.

"This is a once in a blue moon type of situation, I'd say." Detective Patch

Detective Beeman sighs, taking careful steps around the bodies, "I'm inclined to agree."

"Same gun on every vic, all in fours. All the casings are .223s. Know what I think?" Patch asks her partner as she stops examining the victim sprawled across the counter "I think these idiots all shot each other."

"And stabbed. One in the throat, one in the eye, and this guy got his neck snapped." Beeman lists off having arrived at the scene first "All quick and efficient kills."

"These guys were definitely professionals. Dumb, but professionals." Patch says as the shops door kept opening and closing making the helicopter blades whirring join their conversation for a few seconds "Any witnesses?"

"Yes. One." Beeman points over to a booth in the corner where a woman in a pink uniform sat "It happened during her shift."

"Well, that's lousy luck." Patch mutters before walking over to the witness "Ma'am, I'm Detective Patch."

"Hi, Agnes. Agnes Rofa." The waitress introduces herself with a small seated bow "Oh, I don't know, did you want a last name?"

"I'll take it if you'll give it." Patch says moving the chair at the end of the booth to make Agnes face her and not the bodies "Did you see what happened here?"

Agnes sighs, "No, not exactly."

"Let's start at the top." Patch reassures her

"Well, it was... it was a slow night. It was quiet. My last three customers were a regular 'Z', this... older guy and... and his kid. The guy had a dough-" Agnes cuts herself off scolding herself for forgetting the orders even if it was just for a second,

 "No, that's not right. Dr. Z had a cup of h-hot water to go, and a surprise donut. I gave her a double chocolate donut and extra donut holes. The guy had an éclair, and the kid had- had coffee. I went- I went into the back room... um, to just get some more change. Dr. Z said her loud goodbye. Then I heard his truck start up. They drove away. I heard shots."

It was easy to see that Agnes was remembering the loud sounds from the bullets to the men screaming, "And by the time I got back in here... everyone was...was, you know..."

"Was there anyone else in the shop?" Patch asks having written down all her notes in the little notepad she carried

"No, I... I don't think so. I'm sorry, not to be rude, 'cause you seem super sweet, but..." Agnes lets out a tired sigh "...do I have to go through all this again?"