❝I don't want to have a relationship❞

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Zelma gets ready for the day with her by clicking play to her new purchased audiobook,

"My name is Vanya Hargreeves, and this is my story. We were never a real family. We were our father's creation, family in name...but not in fact. In the end, after our brother Ben had died, there was really nothing connecting us. We were just strangers living under the same roof... destined to be alone... starved for attention... damaged by our upbringing... and haunted by what might have been. We all wanted to be loved by a man incapable of giving love. Our father never missed an opportunity to remind me that I was ordinary. A hard thing for a little girl to hear. If you're raised to believe nothing about you is special, if the benchmark is extraordinary, what do you do if you're not?"

Zelma pauses the audiobook ready to leave her house and switch the audio from her speaker to her headphones, "God this better not be a sad book"

●·○·●·○

There had been another shooting only this time at a department store and Diego had not listen to any of the Detective's warnings

"Do you seriously still not understand the chain of custody?" Detective Patch asks walking up behind Diego who was squating near a bullet he picked up "If you touch it, I can't use it."

Diego raises a gloved hand and stands up, "Let me save you some time running ballistics. These nine-millimeters haven't been manufactured since 19-"

"1963. Odd, I know." Detective Patch says taking the bullet from him and walks town the store isle "Matching casings were found at a murder scene last night. Ishmael's Towing."

"The driver?"

Detective Patch lightly nods, "Found him hanging from the ceiling. Looks like he must have known something after all."

"It's a shame nobody told you to go talk to him." Diego says as they reach some mannequins that seemed to be the start of all the shooting target practice. 

Patch gives the bullet to a forensic tech to put in a bag for evidence before pursing her lips and turning to face Diego, "How well do you know Zelma?"

"She's not involved in this" Diego says with certainty but also with a hint of protectiveness

"You asked her?" Patch asks as yesterday she was not a suspect but it was now a new day

"No," Diego says even if he did check up on her from a distance not knowing how to approach her after he made her prove she has powers "but she's a scientist who can't fight. She isn't part of this"

"Well in the span of 24 hours, I've had attacks in three different places across town." Patch says walking over to Diego "Whatever this is, whoever this is, they're not slowing down. So, if you really give a shit and you've got any fresh ideas, I'm all ears."