❝Is that a band?❞

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Zion Ver Labs had their own ethics committee, with all the new real and theoretical work happening there needed to be people to keep their scientists in check. Making sure that no ethical projects were happening that would get the scientists in trouble but mainly harm the company.

Zelma had never had to meet the people part of the committee which is why when she received an email saying to report to the conference room in the afternoon she'd changed into her best clothes.

Wearing her most black pants, a black vest over a white blouse, black sheer gloves and heels that she'd put on while in her office, Zelma walks over to the conference room on the top floor. With a deep breath Zelma curls her fists and knocks on the tall doors just until she hears a "Come in"

Inside the conference room the committee were all seated on one side while Dr. Romero was at the head leaving Zelma to sit across from the committee alone.

Intimidating as everything was she never would have guessed why she had been called in. That is until they presented their proof of the matter.

There were photos printed out with the equations Five had written out at the library when drunk. And right by its side were photos of the work Zelma had done and sent to Dr. Romero as a work check in. Work that Zelma had a non-disclosure contract which stated she'd never share her work with another human being.

Knowing what that could mean for her, Zelma understood what it could mean for her future at the company if she wasn't careful with her words. On the bright side they didn't know about the equation Zelma had helped Five with that was meant to narrow down who should be killed in order to stop the apocalypse - explaining that would have been messy.

"These," A man in a suit says pointing to Five's written equations "Were found written on the walls of Argyle Public Library and posted on social media. Our team were able to get them taken down"

Zelma just nods and doesn't say anything, making another man in a suit say, "While some of the equations are to be wrong there is then a correction that are the exactly the same of which you came up with. Equations which have yet to be found anywhere else"

Knowing the lab took searching for duplicate work seriously Zelma knew what would be next, "It can be seen as a mere coincidence there are people who place you at the library the day the equations were written. Were you Dr. De Mi Alma at the Argyle Public Library yesterday?"

Zelma couldn't lie so she told the truth which they already knew, "Yes"

"Did you take part in the graffiti of those equations?" A man with a nice suit asks

"No"

"Did you report to any of your supervisors of the potential similarities to your work being out in the world?" The other suit wearing man questions