❝I'm not yelling!❞

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

The drive to Jenkins' grandmother's house was long and ended up with them in some forest parking behind some bushes so as to not be seen. Considering they were dealing with a murder and had no idea of Vanya's condition Allison and Zelma decided to stick together and try to sneak in through the back.

Luckily the house seemed to be on stilts meaning to get to the back all they had to do was walk under the porch, past where the firewood was kept, take a look inside through the windows.

"No one's home," Zelma whispers as there was no movement inside and no car parked out

Allison was ready to verbally agree only for a bird to fly up with a squawk scaring her. Seeming like the best time to leave and find another lead Allison composes herself to say, "Let's go"

Considering Allison drove all night Zelma took the keys to drive only on the way into town they got stuck in traffic. Not far from where they were stopped they can see yellow tape and police cars meaning a crime had recently occurred.

Without saying anything Allison puts on some sunglasses and gets out of the car. Not knowing if she was to follow or stay in the car for it traffic moves Zelma looks over at Allison's retreating figure and the car before her, "I-I'll just stay here, yeah that makes sense"

Speaking out loud helped Zelma calm down only for that remedy to disappear when she sees Allison walk under the yellow tape and then get caught by a police officer. Having left her purple coat in the back seat Zelma puts the car in park and tries her best not to run but quickly walks over to Allison's side. Zelma arrives just in time to hear the officer tell Allison, "As soon as we do, you'll be able to read it in the newspaper with everybody else. So, have a nice day."

"What's going on?" Zelma whispers as the officer turns to leave but it gets lost in the wind as Allison takes off her sunglasses to keep the officer from leaving

"Look, officer, if there is any way-"

"Holy shit!" The officer curses in excitement at the sight of Allison's face "You're Allison Hargreeves, right? I saw you on TV two nights ago in that Sandra Bullock movie about underpaid teachers that rob a bank."

"Yeah. That's me." Allison lightly chuckles while Zelma had no idea what movie the man was talking about

"Wow. Hey. If I'm being honest, my wife and I, we prefer you in the romantic comedies." The officer admits making Zelma think this interaction just got awkward but Allison handles it with grace by bowing her head with a chuckle "The Love on Loan trilogy. Ouf! We can't get enough."

A woman on the radio calls out, "Copy, Cheddar?"

"Yeah, what do you got, Fred?" The officer speaks into his walkie strapped on his shoulder