I Had A Dream

I don't know where I was going, but I was moving. And all I can really recall was this powerful determination impounded in my heart. I pushed the two-sided wooden door open with both hands to meet a large crowd of students wafting in panic for a supposed examination. The fact that they were too busy to pay me any attention was one, and the fact that I wasn't even triggered by a little fear was another. It was strange; I didn't even have the power to bring myself to be tensed or nervous. Confidence clung on both my shoulders like a customized armor as I took the aisle down, eyes sweeping rapidly across the crowd. Like I earlier said, I have no idea what I was looking for, but I didn't find whatever it was so I mimicked my gallant steps back out of the door.

Outside was a bigger hallway leading further, but just after the door to the left were a group of other students sorting out papers and stuff I had no idea about. Amongst them my eyes caught Clementina, then Sammy, and I knew there had to be more. It'd been so much effort but my senses never seemed to forget or get over it. No matter how determined I may have prompted myself to be, my brain would always snap back at alert even in the slightest situations that only may involve him. I immediately knew he had to be somewhere around.

I stopped, amidst the crowd of students pouring out the open door, apparently, the exam was over. I spotted Yinka from the very many, and then Moses. What were they all doing here? I was unable to provide a logical answer to that question when I observed a frame pushing through the crowd forward. Ripped of any further chance or second to process anything, the one answer to that one question was right before me.

His face shone as usual, as bright as the morning sun even in the semi dark room, every feature glowing right before me. And his smile, so bright, so true, exposing his flawless white teeth melted my heart in an instant. I couldn't help but mirror it genuinely. In the moment, he was all I could see, time stopped and the crowd disappeared, and it's completely hard to describe the merry my heart swam in.

Narrating the whole encounter would be difficult, as the memories are quite fuzzy but the mind can only forget the basic things, the heart remembers every tiny detail that wobbles it.

'It's been a long time,' he said. I wasn't really expecting that, but I sure played normalcy.

'Yea, I mean you disappear all the time.'

'Well, you can see me now, can't you?' He smiled, radiant as usual and if not for feigning ignorance to remain on a safe side, I would have said I saw something in his eyes, something interesting, something I had always longed to see.

I had no idea my train of thoughts had lured me into his eyes, staring intently with a mixture of excitement and disbelief when his voice woke me back to consciousness.

'I have been looking for you actually.' he said, still smiling. The look in his eyes told me there was much more deeper meaning to those words than merely being sought after, and he meant it, every single letter.

This was shocking actually, and I could never tell the reason behind it but in his eyes, I could tell it was genuine and nothing too serious, probably an effort to restore our friendship and erase the tension that had long since floated around us. Or it could be more, I wouldn't think that far to my own disadvantage. But right then in my heart, I resolved to let no chances slip, and step on every advantage that passed by.

'Oh really?' I stretched.

'Of course. Good thing I found you here, I mean it's really been a long time since I last saw you.'