Chapter 9: Old Brown Goes Home

The next morning, it's sunny again, Old Brown is going home this afternoon and Kimmy had just woken up. Kimmy walked to the bathroom to go to the toilet. Then she washed and dried her hands. Then she walked in her bedroom to her white hearts 2 door wardrobe. She took her white wooden coat hangers with clips that clipped her shorts of her yellow knit shorts set out. Then she picked her pink jelly sandals from the floor. Then she walked to her white hearts 4 drawer chest. She took her top of her yellow knit shorts set, white pure cotton camisoles and white briefs. She walked behind her rainbow-striped panel folding room divider. She came out. She dressed in her white pure cotton camisoles, white briefs, yellow knit shorts set and pink jelly sandals.

Her yellow shorts set are knitted from soft cotton. The top, with a button fastening on the back, has an all-over embroidered circle design and riffle shoulder trims. The cute shorts have matching ruffles on the legs. She clipped her green pastel daisy snap hair clips on to her hair. Then she walked to Old Brown's room. It is his last night there. Much to her relief, Old Brown is still on his bed. She climbed on his bed. But as she began to tickle him like she did four days ago, Old Brown playfully grabbed her and began to tickle her. She giggled. "Are you ticklish? Are you ticklish?" Old Brown asked. Kimmy continued giggling. "Uh-huh." She said. Old Brown continued tickling her. Then he and Kimmy walked downstairs to the kitchen together. Joanne and Andy are in the kitchen, preparing their breakfast.

Joanne is wearing her white full cover bra, boxer briefs. white t-shirt, blue stone capris jeans and two of her white slingback flatform sandal and glasses. Andy is wearing his white vest, brief, vintage red mottled super premium short sleeve t-shirt, bleu eyes break 501 hemmed shorts and two of his chambray canvas slip-on pumps. Joanne placed Kimmy in her In the Night Garden booster seat, strapped her in and pushed the chair in while Old Brown perched on stack of books. Joanne and Andy are having healthy pancakes and some coffee, Kimmy's having rainbow hoops cereal and some milk and Old Brown's having hazelnuts. Then Kimmy went upstairs to the bathroom to clean her teeth and wash and dry her face. Then she walked to her playroom where Old Brown is waiting.

Then Joanne and Andy came in. Today they dance to the music that Joanne, Andy and Kimmy do every Thursday and Sunday. The Gibbs and Old Brown kept on dancing until it's lunchtime. Of course, Andy and Joanne let Old Brown go home after Kimmy's snack time. Joanne and Andy are having tomato soup with pasta, Kimmy is having butternut squash mac and cheese + peas, apple ring with cinnamon and orange sections and some orange juice and Old Brown is having hazelnuts. Then the Gibbs and Old Brown kept on dancing until it's Kimmy's snack time. Kimmy's having peanut butter and jelly sushi rolls and Old Brown is having hazelnuts. After they ate their snacks, Kimmy and Old Brown walked outside with Joanne and Andy. Because it's time for Old Brown to go home in Owl Island.

Of course, Kimmy has her In the Night Garden Large Motion Sensor Ball, In The Night Garden 3 in 1 Play Tent, In the Night Garden Upsy Daisy Bike and ella 95cm rectangular sandbox. The lid of her ella 95cm rectangular sandbox cover the sand. Her In the Night Garden Large Motion Sensor Ball and In The Night Garden 3 in 1 Play Tent are in the shed to keep them safe. She even has her In the Night Garden Gardening Bag with Tools, heart shaped pink bucket and spade and wooden garden bench with parasol - rainbow where she eat her lunch outside on a sunny day. "Thank you for letting me stay with you guys." Old Brown said. "You're welcome, Old Brown. But how did you end up here?" Andy said. "I tried to fly to Ariel and Boo. But I don't think I can fly to Kendal and Lancaster that far before." Old Brown said.

"But you can do it. I know you can." Joanne said. "You think I can?" Old Brown said. "Of course you can." Joanne said. "I'll do it." Old Brown said. "Yes you can. Good luck." Joanne said. "Thank you, Joanne." Old Brown said. "Will you come back here again, Old Brown?" Kimmy asked. "I will come back here again, Kimmy. I promise." Old Brown said. Kimmy ran to Old Brown and hugged him. He chuckled as he hugged her back. "And don't worry about your classmates, Kimmy. They'll change." Old Brown said as he continued hugging Kimmy. "Uh-huh." Kimmy said as she continued hugging the owl. "I have to go." Old Brown said, breaking the hug. "Okay." Kimmy said. "Bye, guys." Old Brown said. "Bye, Old Brown." Joanne, Andy and Kimmy said as Old Brown began to fly away.

Old Brown took one look at Joanne, Andy and Kimmy. They waved at him. Old Brown smiled at the Gibbs before he fly away. Then after Old Brown left, it's dinnertime, Joanne and Andy were having spaghetti with cherry tomato & black olive sauce and Kimmy is having veggie grilled cheese and some apple juice. Kimmy, sitting in her In the Night Garden booster seat, barely ate her dinner. Joanne noticed this. "Kimmy, honey, you barely touched your food. Is something the matter?" She said. Kimmy sighed. "What if Old Brown's right about my classmates? Do you think they'll change?" She asked, poking at her food. "Oh sweetie, of course they will change. They just missed Elenor. I'm sure they'll change their minds about you." Joanne said.

"It was like my brother. He did the same when he was born. He hit me and throw things at me. He never shares things with me. Until he changed. We even shared things with each other." Andy explained. "So's my brother." Joanne said. "Wow. Uncle Miles and Uncle Benjamin are really lucky to have a brother and sister like you, Mum and Dad." Kimmy said. "Thank you, Kimmy." Andy said. "You're welcome, Dad." Kimmy said. Andy chuckled. "But if my classmates have changed, will Old Brown still be my friend?" Kimmy said. "Of course he will still be your friend, honey. You know Old Brown is always friends with Ariel and Boo. But he'll always be friends with you." Joanne said. Kimmy smiled. "You'd better eat your dinner, Kimmy." Andy said. Kimmy did what her father said and eat her dinner.

Then it's time to watch the episode from In the Night Garden. The episode they're going to watch is Jumping for Everybody. Joanne, Andy and Kimmy walked to the tv room. They watch Jumping for Everybody all the way to the end. Then after that, it's bath time. Joanne went to the bathroom to run Kimmy's bath. Then she went to Kimmy's playroom to get Kimmy. They went to the bathroom. Joanne puts some bubbles and Kimmy in the bathtub and start cleaning her up. Then after Joanne's done cleaning her up, Kimmy plays with her In The Night Garden Igglepiggle's floaty boat playset and Makka Pakka bath toy while Joanne cleans her teeth. The lights of Kimmy's In the Night Garden Igglepiggle's bath-time lightshow boat are already on. Then after a few minutes, it's time for Kimmy to come out.

Joanne got Kimmy out. Joanne took Kimmy's In the Night Garden towel, cotton, multi, 70 x 140cm from the rack. She dried Kimmy up. Then she picked her supersoft kids detangling spray up. She shake before use. spray into Kimmy's hair and picked her tangle teezer the ultimate hairbrush, pink up and comb her hair, using her tangle teezer the ultimate hairbrush, pink. Then she dried Kimmy's hair, using her pink mini hair dryer for kids. Then Kimmy puts her personalised In the Night Garden pink Upsy Daisy dressing gown and Upsy Daisy plush pink slippers. She walked in her bedroom to her white hearts chest of drawers and took her In the Night Garden pyjamas out. Then she walked behind her rainbow-striped panel folding room divider. She came out.

She wears her In the Night Garden pyjamas. Her pyjamas are multicoloured and has Igglepiggle and Upsy Daisy surrounded by flowers and a bird with the words, "Igglepiggle & Upsy Daisy in the magical garden", written on her pyjama top and the words, "Igglepiggle & Upsy Daisy", written on the left leg. Then she walked to her bed. Joanne and Andy came to her room just as Kimmy got in her bed. Kimmy took her slippers off and tucked herself in. Joanne went to her white hearts bedside cabinet to pick her In the Night Garden: Bedtime Stories from the Night Garden book up. She sat on the bed while Andy sat next to Kimmy. The story Joanne's going to read from her In the Night Garden: Bedtime Stories from the Night Garden book is Igglepiggle Gets Lost.

After she's read all the way to the end, Joanne closed the book back in the shelf. "Goodnight, Kimmy." Joanne said. "Goodnight, Mum." Kimmy said. "Sleep tight, kiddo." Andy said. "Goodnight, Dad." Kimmy said as Joanne attached the barrier to the side of Kimmy's bed. Joanne picked Kimmy's clothes up and she and Andy leave Kimmy's room with Kirsten's clothes on Joanne's arms. Joanne puts Kimmy's clothes in Kimmy's hamper and she and Andy walked to their bedroom. Of course all of their clothes and pyjamas have been washed and put away. Meanwhile, in Owl Island where he lived, Old Brown sighed contentedly. "It's good to be home once again." He said. He took Kimmy's drawing of herself and Old Brown out of his wing and hang it on the wall next to Boo's drawing of herself and Old Brown.

Boo drew that picture the day she met Old Brown when he injured his right wing. He still has Boo's drawing and a photo of Ariel and Old Brown in a heart shaped frame he got last Christmas. He took a look at Boo's drawing and a photo of Ariel and Old Brown. "I bet they will miss me." He said sadly. Suddenly his feathery face change from sadness to determination. "I will fly to Kendal first thing tomorrow morning." He said. He shut his eyes and went to sleep.