Chap. 8

TUESDAY, JULY 31ST, 1978 

Katie's pov: 

I can't explain it. Me and Cooper were not at all dating. Probably never would. But we weren't not dating. We kiss, we cuddle, we're basically a couple without being a couple. That sounds weird. Really weird. But it's the simplest explanation. 

I woke up, a gut wrenching feeling something was off. A dreary feeling crawled through me, and I practically dragged myself out of bed. I heard a loud crash from Billy's room, and I simply assumed Rover had gotten in. 

My knuckles still burned from beating the living sh*t out of Moose two days earlier. I walked down the hall, only to see Rover sitting on our downstairs couch. So..what was in Billy's room? I went to go check it out, the door silently creaking. 

When I saw it, I broke down into tears. The room was absolutely trashed, his items broken, and the floor dirtier than it was. There was spray paint on the wall, reading 'Moose was here'. That f*cking pr*ck. 

He ruined it. The only real thing I had left of him. The only thing that still smelled like him, that now smells like Moose's body spray. The walls were ruined. My brother would never forgive me. He stares down at me, hating me and everything about me. 

His room was ruined. I kept it for him. I thought maybe he would come back. It's my fault he went missing. It's my fault he even went out that day. He didn't want to, but I talked him into it. Now he's probably dead, and it's all my fault. 

Now his room is ruined, and it's all my fault. Everything is my fault. But one thing. If Moose can break into my dead brother's room... 

I can break into his dead father's room. 

__________________ 

MEANWHILE 

your pov: 

I paced around the room, looking over at the six boys. We were plotting plans to escape, and I was staring dreamily at all the boys. I noticed they were staring at each other the same way, but I brushed it off assuming they were excited to escape this death trap. I couldn't blame them, I was excited as well. The excitement was eating me alive. 

We had all agreed we should kill him, as Griffin said before. Vance was actually exhilarated to take action on this idea, and so was Robin. I can imagine why. It was probably nice to see a dead sadistic serial killer, knowing you killed him, and saving lives. 

I had to confess to them. I just had too. We had to do this for the ones that love us. Billy had to do this for Katie. Griffin had to do this for his mom. Bruce had to do this for Amy. Finney had to do this for Gwen. Robin had to do this for his mom and little sister. Vance had to do this for his reputation. And I, well I had to do this for them. So I can be with them. 

We were going to kill him. We didn't know how, we only knew why. We had been working to find anything we could use as a weapon for what we assumed to be two days now. So far, we have nothing. But that won't stop us. We will get out of here, I just know it. 

I feel it. We will. If we don't, we at least die trying. That's got to count for something. We can't lose our lives knowing we let him. That wasn't fair to us. We deserve better. So here we are, thinking of potential causes of death. 

Billy has been excited lately. He had told me specifically that he was excited to leave and see his family again. His dog, his dad, Katie. I knew Katie would be excited to see him too. Last time I talked to her she didn't believe Billy was alive, and I didn't either. 

But he is. I see him breathing, slightly sticking his tongue out the way he used to while delivering papers. He was working on the murder of The Grabber, who's identity I still questioned. Before he dies, I want to take his mask off. I want to identify him. I need to. 

I need to tell these boys I love them. That I'm in love with them. Before I go, if I do, I need them to know I had huge crushes on them, and I always will. I need to say it at some point, but I'm just too nervous. Gosh, I'm really nervous. 

I think I should wait. The boys were searching through anything to find weapons. I knew nothing would work, and we would have to kill him with our hands, which I guess Vance would be pretty good at. 

But that didn't matter. The Grabber was strong, I've seen him. He never usually has the human decency to wear a shirt whilst down here, so we get the unpleasant view of a very half naked man. But I couldn't tell them that. I couldn't tell them that I doubted they would ever find a weapon. 

They were so excited. They needed this. They needed to leave. They had been here for so long, the shortest being almost two weeks. Me and Finney had only been there for around 14 days and we were already going crazy. 

Billy was practically trashing the basement. He was throwing things, not bothering to put them back. Normally this would be fine, but The Grabber would most likely punish them for trashing his basement. 

Vance was doing the same, except he was breaking almost everything he touched. Griffin was investigating, and he was the one who would draw the escape plans into the wall with a bottle cap. 

I would be helping search, except I didn't know where to start. There were not many places, and none of them seemed very promising. But, I didn't have too, because Bill screamed. 

"GUYS! I FOUND SOMETHING!"

________________________________________________________________________________