Chap. 17

SUNDAY, AUGUST 7TH, 1978 

Katie's pov: 

For the record, I'm not actually having Max help me on the case. I'd rather get hit by a train. I however, would like to know why he's so obsessed with the case. It seems, well I don't know, suspicious to me. 

It would be a perfect alibi. "I'm so obsessed with the case I know everything about it", like the f*ck? I gave Max my number, and he called me last night explaining what he knew about the case. 

He is so f*cking weird oh my god. But he can't be The Grabber, because nobody who looks like...that, can ever take down somebody like Pinball Vance Hopper! No f*cking way, I refuse to believe it. 

I was walking along the street now, my eyes on the lookout for any sort of clues. I was also steering clear of the missing posters. If I see that cringy a*s picture of my boyfriend on one more poster, I will lose it. 

Of course his deadbeat mother chooses the worst picture she possibly has of him for his missing poster. I wouldn't put it past her. She is probably crazier than my mother, and boy, do I have a lot to say about my mother. 

My mother can suck some man's cock in hell for all I care. 

That's not important though. I need to find Cooper. Max said that The Grabber had to live in a certain area, and normally I wouldn't listen to somebody like..well somebody like Max. But, at this point he might be right. 

It would make more sense than I would like to admit. I walked along, my eyes peered out for anything, or anybody, out of the ordinary, straight up nuts, or just weird in general. I don't know, maybe even some black f*cking balloons to spice up this offer.

On the bright side of things, my father now literally can't be The Grabber. Cooper was abducted after my dad was put into jail. It's pretty much out that I'm pretty sure my brother was gay, and he had something with Griffin Stagg. 

So, they let my dad go. I finally live with him again, thank god. I would have f*cking died if I had to live with my mom any longer. I can finally have my room back, and the good one. Score! Now all I need is Cooper in it. 

I still want to watch Carrie. 

______________________

MEANWHILE: 

your pov:

"I still don't understand this plan" Cooper huffed. "It's so simple!" Griffin exclaimed, as we all narrowed our eyes at him. "In what f*cking universe?" Vance asked, hugging Billy, who was on his lap. 

"Ugghhhhhhh do I have to explain it again!" Griffin groaned, and we all nodded. 

"Yes" 

"Absolutely" 

"more than once" 

"Sorry darling" 

"Screw that, abso-f*cking-lutely." 

Griffin rolled his eyes. "We get The Grabber down here. We lead him into the exact spot where the hole is. We take out the carpet, he falls in, then, we kick his a*s to death" Griffin said, as we all stared at him. 

"I'm still confused man" 

"OF COURSE YOU ARE MAXWELL! YOU HAVE THE AMOUNT OF BRAINCELLS AS A WORM!" 

"That is very true, I won't even argue with that" 

Griffin was agitated now, as he sat down on the rusty a*s mattress. "How do we even get him into the exact spot?" Billy asked, and everybody agreed with him. That wasn't specified! "I still need to figure that out" he muttered, and we all stared at him in shock. 

"That's just f*cking great!" Cooper shouted, and we all stared again. He was right, that was really bad. "Well figure it out!" Vance shouted, staring at Griffin. "I will! Just give me a day or two!" Griffin shouted back, and Cooper opened his mouth to speak again. 

"A DAY OR TWO? ARE YOU F*CKING SERIOUS? I'M NOT WASTING A DAY OR TWO DOWN HERE!" he shouted, panicking. "Dude..calm down" Billy sighed, staring at his freaked out best friend. 

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! I'M IN A F*CKING SERIAL KILLERS CELLAR!" Cooper shouted through his teeth, eyes glared and bloodshot red, from lack of sleep and crying. "Let's all calm down" Finney suggested, setting Cooper on the bed. 

"DON'T F*CKING TOUCH ME!" he shouted, standing back up. "LISTEN MAN, YOU NEED TO GET YOUR LITTLE PLAN TOGETHER BECAUSE I'M DONE BEING STUCK DOWN HERE!" Cooper shouted at Griffin, who nodded. 

"Okay! Okay! Just relax, please!" Griffin asked, as Cooper sat on the bed and buried his head into his hands. He made me realize what this place really does to you, and just how badly we needed to escape. 

We needed to now, way more than we ever needed to before. And we would, I knew it, they knew it, we all knew it. This was our chance, maybe even our perfect plan. Our perfect time. Our time to shine above, glow against all other things. It would be us this time, not him, us. 

We would go back to living our happy lives, the way we used to go back when we were younger. The Grabber would be gone, this plan gave us a chance to kill him. Our chance to end this once and for all, to make sure The Grabber never takes another teen. 

We would do all of this. We would have our sweet pretty little revenge. The Grabber would be locked in a jail cell, or a six foot grave with no headstone or flowers. He would be found and identified, so the world could know his hideous name. 

We would make sure we got our revenge. Bittersweet revenge. The type that tastes like cotton candy melting against your tongue. We would be ready, we would be set. This could work, it should, and it would. 

We will be unstoppable forces fighting against the world, our names nationally known. We would be on TV, newspapers, f*cking milk cartons for gosh sakes. We would be famous without even trying. 

Once Griffin settles the plan. 

Then, we take action. 

________________________________________________________________________________