Chap. 10

THURSDAY, AUGUST 2ND, 1978 

Katie's pov: 

Today started ordinary. I was walking with both Cooper and Gwen, and Cooper was ranting about some sh*tty guy on the basketball team that he hated. Nobody was listening. Don't get me wrong, I love Cooper, but he hates practically everyone who offends him one time. This is a normal thing for him. 

I was hanging around, when somebody ran behind me and tapped my shoulder. I freaked out, and out of instinct slapped them across the cheek. It wasn't that hard, but their cheek was red. 

It was just Gavin, the boy who stole my brother's job. "I'm so sorry!" I apologized, and Gavin laughed. "It's fine, sorry I scared ya. Anyway, your pops wants you home, you're in big f*cking trouble" 

What? 

I ran home, and saw cops surrounding my house. My dad was outside, getting interrogated. He looked at me, and motioned for me to go over there. I ran up, and looked at the detective in front of me. 

"Katherine Showalter?" 

"Yes, that would be me.." 

"We found this in your bedroom." the detective said, pulling out the black balloons from behind his back. Oh sh*t. I forgot I even stole those. Now, they probably think my dad is The Grabber!!! 

"What aren't you telling us?" the detective asked me, and I knew I had to lie. Yes, I know, don't lie to authority figures, but how the f*ck was I supposed to explain this one using practical logic. Answer; I wasn't. 

"I was looking for my brother, yes. But I swear, I have no idea where those black balloons came from!!" I lied, and the detective looked over towards my father. "Alright, Gerald Showalter you are under arrest for the kidnapping of six teenage children." 

I was confused, and looked at the detective. "Is that really enough evidence to hold him?" I asked, and the detective stared at me. 

"We also found a serpent ring, belonging to Griffin Stagg." 

Yeah, okay. What the f*ck. 

__________________________

MEANWHILE:

Your pov: 

Today was the day. I was going to tell them all that I liked them. I was going to do the thing I should've done a month ago, a year ago, before we were trapped in this f*cking cellar. 

The boys were all talking about their lives. Before this basement, before their abduction. Vance had just got done speaking about how his mom's boyfriend used to hit him, and that's why he was so violent. I felt sorry for him, as Griffin laid his head on his shoulder. 

I needed to do it. I needed to find the courage to get myself together, suck it the f*ck up, and confess my feelings, and maybe ask for a seven-way relationship. I know it would be a lot to handle, but I was up for the challenge, and I hope they are as well. 

The words were stuck in my throat. Like I was choking on my own feelings.  My mouth was open, like I was about to speak, but no sound had come out. The boys all stared at me in confusion, asking me "what's wrong Y/N?" over and over as I was trying to find words. 

They were still staring at me awkwardly, and I had become embarrassed. I had always been easily embarrassed my entire life existence, and it's only gotten worse as I've gotten older. I was trying to blurt out words, and the poor boys were staring at me. 

"Y/N? Are you choking?" 

"Something wrong?" 

"are you struggling to breathe!!"

"Is my hotness too much for you princess/prince/preferred" 

"Shut up Vance, Y/N are you okay?" 

"Man, you good?" 

I looked at the concerned boys, my eyes locking with each of theirs. That's when I finally blurted out, 

"I have a crush on you all!!!" 

________________________________________________________________________________

I adore cliffhangers- 

Anyway, if you ask, yes, I am like papa.