Chap. 15

FRIDAY, AUGUST 5TH, 1978

Katie's pov: 

I was walking along the street, when some weird a*s dude with dark brown hair approached me. "Hello?" I asked, trying to move away from him. "Hey dude, I'm Max" 

"Okay, Max. I am not a dude" 

"Listen, you're Billy Showalters sister, and the girlfriend of Cooper Maxwell, right" 

"Listen, I don't know who the f*ck you think you are but-" 

"Can I get an interview?"

I stared at him, the f*ck? "Excuse me?" 

"I'm trying to solve the case! Can I just please get an interview!" 

"If you even think about any funny business, I will kick your a*s to jupiters red spot." 

"Is that a yes?" 

"You've got five minutes Mr. 'Max'. I'll see you at your place tomorrow" 

"I-It's just Max-"

"I don't care." 

_______________________

MEANWHILE: 

Your pov:

I watched as Bruce lifted the floorboard. My jaw had dropped and my eyes narrowed. "HOLY SH*T" Cooper shouted, eyes widened in surprise and shock. "lets dig under here! It's a perfect way out" Bruce suggested. 

"Yeah if we plan on being here for another year" Cooper muttered, rolling his eyes discreetly. Griffin scoffed at him, and helped Bruce start to dig. "Come on man! It's a chance!" Billy attempted to persuade him, eyeing Cooper. 

"Listen, I want to get the f*ck out of here. If all we can rely on is this, then I don't think we are ever going to leave this damn place for another fifteen years." Cooper said, eyeing the tile. 

"Well, we have to try" 

"Do we really?" 

"Come on dude, do this for me?" 

"What do I owe you?" 

"Everything. You f*cked my sister"

"I wish" 

Bill rolled his eyes at Coopers comments, and Cooper sighed. "Okay, fine, I'll help" he huffed, doing his infamous eye roll to the crowd. Billy smiled, and hugged him. 

"Thanks dude!" 

"too tight bud"

"I'm barely touching you"

"I know" 

Billy pulled away, and Cooper took long dramatic breaths, as if he was having an asthma attack. Of course he was teasing, and stopped after around a minute. Then, we started to dig. 

We dug and dug, our hands shuffling deeper and deeper into the dirty ground. Cooper had prepared a carpet, to shove over the hole. Then, we would cover it up, and dig until they made it towards the other side. 

We had decided to work all day today, tomorrow, and really as long as we needed to. Sure there were doubts, *ahem* Cooper, but that doesn't mean we can't do it. I didn't believe this was a perfect plan, but it was better than all our other options.

So it would have to do. We worked and worked, our hands caked in scarlet and an essence of blood. We looked as if we had just committed a murder, and not the clean kind. It's a good thing The Grabber has some human decency, and gave us a first aid kit. 

We had now gotten at least five feet down, and we were in pain and suffering. Our bones and heads ached, as we crouched into the half dug hole. Normally, this would be good progress, if we didn't have to go so much farther down. 

"This is never going to work!" I huffed, "we did this for nothing!!!!" "They're right" Cooper huffed, eyes narrowed. "Well then what else do we do?" Bruce asked, "we are already a quarter the way done!"

"No Bruce! We're not! We are so far from done it's honestly pathetic!" 

"Then what do you suppose we do Y/N?"

We all stared at each other, eyes narrowed, figuring out our solution. 

"I have another plan" Griffin muttered, 

"and it involves the hole" 

________________________________________________________________________________