Chap. 3

TUESDAY, JULY 24TH, 1978 

KATIES POV: 

I couldn't move. Haven't been able to since I found out. I only ever got up to feed Rover, I couldn't even walk him anymore, Cooper did that for me. Maybe that was why I love him; I don't know, and it's not my biggest concern right now. I thought The Grabber never even took girls? So why her? Was it because she's pretty? In that case, I'm lucky to be so ugly. 

Now I don't even have friends. Unless you count Cooper, who probably doesn't see me as a friend. He sees me as some babysitting job he's doing in favor of my brother. Well, he's never said that, but it's implied, which is stupid because I'm older than both of them. 

People were heartbroken to hear the news of her disappearance. Especially Gwen. I could easily relate to Gwen, her brother and best friend also went missing. Her parents were also shitty, we had a lot more in common then I intended to let on. I would never dare talk to her though, she's way prettier than me. 

I guess you could say I'm intimidated by those prettier than me. Which would be everybody. Every time I look in the mirror all I see is the ugliest girl in the universe staring back at me. Maybe I'm just insecure, because apparently according to the public I'm just Billy's replacement. 'The popular siblings' drifted apart due to that horrendous freak of a man. 

I can't even consider The Grabber a man. My dad is a man. Billy was a man. The Grabber is a monster. A monster that ruined my life, my family, my friends, everything. If I ever get the chance to, I'd kill him in a heartbeat. Maybe even less. He deserves it. 

I'm not a spiteful person. But he deserves death for what he did. He took one of the only people that was actually happy or even acknowledged my existence. And he deserves to pay. So, I'd kill him. For Billy. 

My parents have officially decided to divorce, and my dad will get custody of me. My mom will be able to see me only once a month. According to the court we visited yesterday, she's not in a good enough mental state to physically parent me, and although I'm 15, I still have to be in the care of somebody suitable for children. 

I've always preferred my dad, and he's taking my dog, so I'm not at all angry at the courts decision. My dad even has a new girlfriend, Stephanie, but supposedly everybody calls her Steph. I met her at court yesterday, and to be honest, she may be better than my mom. 

I know my mom never cared about me. She never fought for custody, and actually is upset she has to see me every month. She favored my brother, and I was the disappointment of the family. She never wanted a daughter, hell she never even wanted two kids.  

Billy always preferred our father though. Our mom babied him, and he hated it. She always needed him near her, and my brother can be a very clingy person, but jeez he wasn't that bad. My mom however, she's that bad. She needed a mandatory of four hours a day with him, which only made him distance himself or practically live at Coopers. 

He always took me with him, saying I was invited. I never knew why though, or ever found out. I doubt I was invited, they just pity me. Nonetheless, that's basically how I developed a very secret crush on the Cooper Maxwell, the same guy who will never like me back, ever. At least he knows I exist though, we talk everyday. 

He just left my house about thirty minutes before I heard the doorbell ring. I sighed, forced myself, while screaming "BEFORE YOU EVEN ASK, NO YOU DIDN'T LEAVE ANYTHING HERE!" as I opened the door. Cooper always seemed to 'leave stuff behind' and I'm really starting to think he did that on purpose.