Chap. 21

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH, 1978 

Katie's pov: 

I stand against the grave ahead of me, my friends, brother, and boyfriend surrounding me. The grave of the man I killed a month ago to this day. And I don't regret it. Today, everybody involved would meet at the grave at The Grabber, and trash it. 

He has no living family, nobody who gives him flowers, the only thing is half a broken mask I put there, he really needs that personality shield. We just started 10th grade three days ago, and so far it has been pretty good. 

Everybody was f*cking staring at me though. I've beaten the living sh*t out of Moose once again, and I'm the third toughest person in school, after Vance and Robin. At least I'm respected. There is a scar on my lower stomach, maybe closer to my side, marking where he shot me. 

Cooper and I finally went on that date. It was fun, and we started actually dating. My life has improved so much since The Grabber incident. I'm in love, I have friends, and Donna came running to me begging for forgiveness. I don't do forgiveness, so I didn't forgive her. F*ck her. 

Maybe that incident happened for a reason. Maybe it symbolized something. I don't care. I have my perfect family back. My brother, my dog, my dad, and my new stepmom Rebecca, who I consider to be my mother. My mother died two weeks back, overdosed. Not much of a loss. 

Me, Y/N, and Gwen, have basically become best friends. It is to the point I don't doubt the boys are jealous. We hangout like three days a week, and sleepovers are mandatory. It is great, really. My other days I spend with Cooper, or my dad, depends. 

Anyway, I actually love my life now. I ended up attending Max's funeral, which only sixteen people, including me, attended. Anyway, that was fun. I talked about the night he died, who he died for, and that he died for a reason. His death is the reason I got to kill The Grabber. 

I think I've changed throughout this experience. I remember who I used to be, during, and now. They are completely different people. I love my life now. I love my friends, my family, my boyfriend, everything. I love the dog most though. 

Maybe the lord doesn't hate me so much after all. Maybe he was setting me up for success instead of failure. Maybe he was begging for me to succeed, and that is why Rover sniffed the window that day. And why I was asked to be interviewed, and had that gut feeling about the house. 

Maybe he needed me to do this. Maybe he needed me to succeed. Maybe he loves me after all, like everybody else said he did. Maybe he set me up for this, and he doesn't hate me. Maybe I don't hate him either. 

And with that, I grabbed my spraypaint, and started to spray. 

_______________

MEANWHILE: 

Your pov: 

It has been a month since Katie killed The Grabber, and now she is practically my best friend. Right now, we were trashing and ruining The Grabbers grave, because according to her "he doesn't deserve to rest in peace" which I completely agree with. 

Me and the others relationship is amazing though. I adore it, I adore them. They make me so happy I need to bite my tongue every three seconds. I love them, and they love me, they love each other as well. 

As we sprayed insults onto his grave, my chest felt like light up fireworks. This was our revenge, and I'm glad we are getting it. 

'F*CK YOU' 

'welcome to the nightmare end of your pathetic little life'

'you abducted kids, and got killed by one' 

And other random sh*t was plastered around the grave. It can't hurt anyone, simply because it washes off. So, this was how we spilled our feelings about him towards him. It was comforting, calming, and absolutely and irrevocably necessary. 

And when the paint washes, we do it all over again. We do it until it is impossible to do it anymore, or we just give up. Once every three months, we surround and trash this place. He deserves nothing in life, the same life he no longer has. 

News came out about him, and the hardware store was taken over by his nephew Mason. Mason is super nice, and the absolute opposite of his uncle. Mostly because he doesn't take a liking to little kids, nor abduct them. 

Anyway, I suppose life is pretty good right now. As we stand there, hand and hand, staring at the mess us teenagers have just created. It felt amazing, like shooting stars. Stars that spark in my lower stomach, and fly like fireflies. I know, weird comparison. 

Gwen and Katie are my best friends now. My boyfriends are jealous, absolutely. But Cooper is pretty jealous as well, as we spend a lot of quality time together they aren't invited to. But Vance is jealous easily anyway, and so is Robin. So that is nothing new. 

We continued to make an absolute and utter mess of the place where The Grabber, our worst nightmare, the perpetrator that nearly killed us, lay. He will never, ever rest in peace, not if we can help it. He doesn't deserve that sort of sympathy. 

F*ck The Grabber. F*ck Albert Shaw. F*ck the owner of the freaking hardware store. He deserves nothing in life, nor the afterlife. And I will forever stand by that. I love my life now, and I am ecstatic that he is not in it. 

Sure we have nightmares here and there, everyone does. But so far I and the others are pretty normal after the experience, except for Katie getting a major, well needed, and well deserved, confidence boost. 

I am okay now. I feel better now. I did it, boy I truly did. 

I escaped the town's infamous kidnapper, The Grabber. 

And made sure he didn't rest in peace.
________________________________________________________________________________

OK! THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED!!! Thank you for following this wonderful journey, and this was so fun to write! The next book expected to finish is Love before death, finishing in at least a week! 

The sequel release date is August 17th, 2022