Chapter XV: Mommy 👩🏻‍🍼

July 1996, Ten years and five months after the exile

It's Monday and the busy streets of Metro Manila never failed to disappoint Irene.

She came home two weeks ago. Her mother was bugging her nonstop about taking in the project of the Cultural Center.
She initially wanted to say no. But knowing her mom, the last thing she will take from her is a no.

So she filed for an indefinite leave from her music school. Upon the completion of her masters, she's been working since as a director of one of the music school in California.

The Cultural Center signed this project with various schools in the country for a music program in order to reach more students with the potential in the industry. And who better to supervise and help the project to its fruition than Irene.

***
Her early morning meeting today is at the Manila Hotel. But she hasn't have her breakfast yet. It's too early for her to go inside any restaurants inside so she decided to order from Delicatessen, the small pastry and coffee shop just beside the lobby of the hotel.

IRENE's POV:

What? Bakit ang dami ng na add sa menu nila? I have been away that long time pala talaga. Cappuccino lang naman 'to before.

And the pastries! Oh my. My mouth is already salivating just by imagining me pairing it with my hot chocolate.

I was about to order when some irritated voice from my behind speaks.

'Miss? Kung wala ka pang order, can you please move? You are holding the line. We are all busy people, FYI'

What? So hindi lang pala bumper to bumper na traffic yung pangit ngayon sa Manila? Pati mga naka tira! Ang bastos!

"Well sorry. Nauna ako sayo. You can take your time when it's your turn."
'Arte. Akala ata nito maganda siya. Puro arte.'

That's it! I've had enough! I turn around to face this shameless of a guy. Ako maarte?

"Hey! G-"
'Irene?'

GREGGY's POV:

Of all the days that there is in a week, it is irritating me that Robert has to set up this meeting this early on a Monday morning! Has he forgotten that I live in Makati? Ang hassle.

But I get the notion though. This may be far, pero secluded ehh. May privacy talaga. I stepped out of the car, yung driver ko n bahala mag park. He can just come inside after for coffee.

And since it's an early meeting, I am assuming na close pa yung mga outlet ng restaurants sa loob.
Shit. Sa lobby na lang siguro? May kiosk naman sila ng coffee and pastry, that will do.

I skipped breakfast sa bahay because Yaya Yolly's hands are full for Clea alone. She's having tantrums of not going to school again. Ayaw nya raw mag join sa activity nila. She has been like that since the announcement was made for that certain musical play. I have to remind myself to talk to her later. She was never fond of missing her classes, biglang ayaw na pumasok. Something must have happened.

I already am looking at their display of breads and cakes. Parang okay lahat ah? Now my stomach is grumbling. Oh, there! That danish cream croissant na lang and coffee, perfect!

Ang tagal naman nitong nasa unahan. Buong Manila Hotel na ba bibilhin nya?

"Miss? Kung wala ka pang order, can you please move? You are holding the line. We are all busy people, FYI" if she gets the whole day to just lounge around, well not me!
'Well sorry. Nauna ako sayo. You can take your time when it's your turn." oh wow! Just wow! Does she not have any regards over the time of other people?