Chapter 32: Goodbye Forever (part 1)

{Emma's pov}

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" Killian asked as I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge of my apartment.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I said. It was the second time I'd gotten sick today. He just raised an eyebrow. "I'm fine really," I repeated.

"Okay." I could tell he didn't believe me. "What's on the agenda for today, Love," he asked.

"Try to find Gold and the others," I said with a shrug as I sat down on the counter top.

"Sounds like fun," he said with sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"You're tellin' me," I said. He just gave me a sad smile.

"We will win, you know that." he said.

"I know we will. It just seems like there's always a price when we do. Like something bad happens to pay for the victory. I just am afraid to find out what that is," I admitted.

"Whatever it is, it'll be okay," he said leaning on the counter next to me.

"What's that?" he asked pointing to my wrist where there was a small scar that sort of looked like a heart.

"Must have gotten it in the car accident."

{Henry's pov}

It had been a really long week, a really long week. Jamie and I were sitting in the back yard of Regina's house as the sun fell in the sky. "This can't be a good idea," she said. We had the key and the page right in front of us.

"You're the one who suggested we get this key."

"But I never said we had to use it."

"Then what was the point?" I asked getting aggravated.

"We may want to get the author out but so does Gold. Whatever he has planned it can't be good."

"Then what do you suggest we do?" I asked.

"Get rid of this," she said holding up the illustration of the door.

{Regina's pov}

"So you think Marian is-" Robin trailed off.

"Yes, it's the only thing that makes sense," I said quietly. We were sitting in the living room of my house while Roland played on the other side of the room. He just shook his head sadly and looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry," I said not sure what else to say.

"What about Roland? Losing his mother once than she cam back but it was never her?" he said shaking his head.

"Seems like Storybrooke is falling apart." I was interrupted by my cell phone ringing.

"Hello."

"Hey, Regina, where are you at now," Emma asked.

"At my house. Why, is something wrong?"

"I don't know yet, how fast can you get to your vault?"

"I'll be there in a minute." I said hanging up.

"Who was that?" Robin asked.

"Emma, I gotta go. Watch the kids?" I asked pushing myself off the couch.

"Yeah, be careful," he said standing beside me.

"Always am." After a quick kiss is stepped back then in a purple cloud of smoke I was in my vault. "Emma?" I yelled.

"Down here," she yelled.

I followed the sound of her voice until I found her in the little office room of the vault. She was sitting on the floor with a book of ancient spells.