―thirty-one. the demigod urge to heal the inner child

◤                                                   ◥
𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄! 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐘
𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋?
◣                                                   ◢

MUCH TO CHARLIE'S DISMAY, THEY SPENT THE NEXT FEW HOURS INFORMING. Apparently Chiron, Annabeth and Rachel couldn't wait until morning. They told their story and answered a million questions from other campers because for some reason non of them had thought to move it behind closed doors. Finally, Chiron saw how tired they were and ordered them to bed.

It felt so good to be on a real mattress, and Charlie was exhausted. Despite being surrounded by a bunch of whining patients due to Chiron choosing to keep her in a medical tent overnight, just in case, Charlie was out like a light. 

In the morning, she took her time getting ready, bobbing under the curtain that separated her form her neighbour to steal their jean-shorts, her gift from Aphrodite being too ruined. She kept the sports bra on though, after telling Chrion about her temperature, he had five radiators placed around her, and now she found she was way too warm.

She grabbed Leo's shirt, having folded it the night before. She had been planning on going straight to his Cabin to inform him and give it back, when she passed the Sports Court.

''Oi, Charlie!''

She turned, spotting the Stoll brothers leaning against the fence, grinning at her. Her eyes flittered behind them. Two Hermes kids versus the Apollo Cabin.

''Alright, Travis?'' She grinned back, shielding her eyes with her hand.

''Back from the dead, possessed by Hera, and all you have to say is, 'Alright, Travis'?'' His head tilted back in a laugh.

''Well, what would you like me to say!''

''It's more like do, really!''

''Oh yeah?'' She turned to them fully now, one brow raised. ''And what's that?''

''Well,'' his brother held his hands out, stepping back leisurely. ''With you being dead and all, I guess no one informed you that yours and Drew's record has been smashed!''

Charlie gaped at him. ''No!''

''Yes!''

''No!''

''Yes!'' He laughed. He gestured to the other kids. ''Look, these guys are mostly new recruits, or aren't used to staying through Summer.  Plus, they're Apollo kids. Why don't you show 'em how it's done, huh? Hermes style.''

Charlie grinned, already waltzing towards them, when she realised she didn't have a partner anymore.

Glancing around, she spotted Jason strolling through Camp, looking incredibly lost. She let out a shrill whistle and he and a few other campers turned to look. ''Grace! You any good at baseball?''

He grinned. ''You kidding?'' He jogged forwards. ''After saving the world, I reckon this'll be easy!'' He reached her and Charlie held her hand out, clasping his hand as she bumped their shoulders together.

''Let's go then.'' The two entered the court. ''We play it different here, to make it more challenging. There's only two batters, but a whole group of fielders. Make's it more challenging.'' 

She nodded to the group of Apollo kids that were collected together, whispering about tactics. The Stoll brothers had pulled the rest of her Cabin to the side and watched with eager eyes.

Charlie wrapped her arm around Jason's shoulder, pulling him closer as she leant down to whisper, ''Now, listen, those little shits aren't my cabin, technically you aren't either, but you are on my side. So, what we're not gonna do, is lose. Alright?''