―thirty-six. go teen titans, go

◤                                                           ◥
𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖, 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖, 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔.
𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃,
𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃
𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄
◣                                                          ◢

IT HAD BEEN A WHILE SINCE SHE HAD SEEN PERCY LAUGH. So, naturally, that had been the first thing Charlie had set her mind on. Forever the girl to light up the room, or, in this case, no man's land. Mostly, the two of them were surrounded by children, but the occasional older crowd would swarm around them. Charlie didn't blame then, she was amazing after all. Especially when it came to marshmallows.

"Twenty seven!" Percy said, leading the crowd as the kids slammed their hands on the wooden table, demanding more. Charlie sat on the floor, cross legged on the grass like it was her stage and, by the gods, was she going to give them a show. "Twenty eight!"

Briefly, her mind wondered where the line was between impressive and disgusting.

Her fingers crammed another one, a pink one this time, into her left cheek, taking the time to wriggle her fingertips, measuring the remaining space. "Twenty nine!"

Percy moved to the edge of the seat, spreading his arms out like he was shearling the kids from what disaster they were about to witness. "Ladies and gentlemen, can she reach thirty?"

Charlie raised her shoulders, leaning back slightly as she waved her hands down in dismissal. Of course she could. A kid stepped forwards, hopping off his seat, fist clenched and held as though giving a heartfelt battle speech, a grave expression on his face, "There is only one way to find out."

Percy blinked at him, before deciding to roll with it. "The commander commands it, Charlie! You must endure!"

Charlie picked up yet another marshmallow from the coffee table, showing it to the crowd as though it was possible to scam such a skill, and placed it in her mouth. They burst into applause.

The kid roared, fists clenched again, elbows brought down sharply, chest pointing to the sky with his head pulled back in sure joy. "The untilmate victory!" His posture snapped, changing as he pointed directly at Charlie. "Now, add ten more!"

Charlie wasn't really one to take orders, but she also wasn't really one to take the entertainment away from the entertained. She reached forwards, planning on picking up another marshmallow, when the fittest guy Charlie had ever laid eyes on walked by.

Spluttering, she acted quickly, slapping her hands over her mouth, turning her head away from his direction as she forced her jaw into overtime. "Charlie? Lotts, you good?" Percy asked, raising an eyebrow. She coughed again, waving a hand at him quickly before it went back to catching her drool. A couple of kids groaned and 'eww'd. "Sorry, kiddos, looks like the shows over." They groaned again. "For now!" He made a laugh, an evil one that started with 'muhaha' and he wagged his fingers at them, causing them to scream with joy and run quickly, escaping him as they rushed to play evil monsters in the empty spaces of the field.

Charlie was just about done, holding a finger up to Percy right as he turned back to her. She took a huge gulp, swallowing the remains, and then wiped her mouth with the back of her hand as she turned to stand. Percy stood too, still just as confused. Charlie pushed down her shirt and liked her fingers, trying to reflatten and reshape her edges without the use of fresh gel. "How'd I look?"

A knowing look spread on his face, arms crossing and posture relaxing. "Are you ser-"

"I know, I know, thank you. Sometimes it's hard, looking this good all the time-"