4. Unlucky Number

I sat beside Narancia as Bruno and Abbachio talked to Giorno over the radio.

"Hey, why does Mista always wear that hideous hat all the time?" I asked. Narancia, with his mouth full of snacks, had a surprised look on his face.

"I dunno..." I could barely make out the words between the chewing. "I guess he just likes it."

"Why? It's so unattractive..." I said, giving narancia a rather terrible idea.

"Huh? Do you mean that the rest of him is attractive?" He asked curiously, causing me to get a faint blush on my cheeks.

"ARE YOU DELUSIONAL?! ABSOLUTELY NOT, NUH-UH, NOT EVER." My yelling caught Fugo's attention from the front of the boat.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asked as he slowly made his way over to us.

"Oh, Y/N thinks Mista is attractive." Narancia replied in an instant.

"WHAT?! NO I DON'T." This time, Fugo joined in on it as well.

"I see... Is it because he shows off his abs every chance he gets? Or because he stares at you all the time?" He and Narancia both laughed at my annoyed expression.

"First of all, his abs needs to be covered up immediately. Secondly, what do you mean 'he stares at you'?" My annoyance started turning into curiosity, as Fugo stopped laughed for a moment.

"You're telling me you haven't noticed that he stares at you whenever you're around?" He asked. My jaw dropped a bit. Was that why I always felt like I was being watched?

"He doesn't do that... right?" They both looked at each other, then at me.

"Whoaaa, you're even dumber than me!" Narancia exclaimed. I groaned and walked away, looking over at the island. I was just hoping they were okay.

~~~

Once we got to the island, we looked around for the two of them, but barely saw anything until we found a trail of blood.

"Over there!" Abbachio pointed to a body laying behind a small house. "It's Mista... but where's Giorno?" I looked down on Mista's body. He had clearly been shot.

"Damnit!" Bucciarati looked around for Giorno. "We need to find him, he can make the bullets inside Mista into living material, to make sure he survives."

"Oh, my stand can heal." I said, making him turn to me.

"Then what are you waiting for?!" Narancia yelled. I sat down next to Mista, summoning my stand. I placed my hands on his body, and let Sweet Emotion do it's job. all of the wounds began to disappear, transferring the pain over to me. I could feel my body ache as I tried to contain my facial expressions. If they figured out I felt the pain, I'd probably just be a burden to them.

"All done." I said while getting up, trying not to show how much my body wanted to give up. Mista immediately woke up and looked at me, opening his mouth to say something, but he was interrupted by Giorno exiting a truck.

"There you are! I'm glad you're okay." He said in relief.

"Yeah... Thanks to Y/N, apparently." He locked eyes with me and maintained eye contact for multiple seconds before we were headed to where the treasure was hidden.

~~~

It was hidden in a bathroom, where Bruno had to use Sticky Fingers to open up a spot, only for a whole fortune to be revealed.

"WHOA LOOK AT THAT!"

"CAN I TOUCH IT?"

"HOW MUCH IS IT IN THERE?!"

The men's voices echoed, as I noticed two cleaners outside the bathroom. It was later revealed to be a capo of passione, along with the Boss' daughter who we were apparently supposed to protect. The woman went to get changed from her disguise, and came out looking stunning. She was about my height, with a black top and a colorful, long skirt with a slit. Her pink, fluffy hair was perfectly put up in something that resembled a large bun.

"Trish Una's mother died, and needs your protection until she can be handed over to the Boss himself." The capo, Pericolo, explained.

~~~

After saying goodbye to Pericolo, we headed to a house where Trish was supposed to be kept for the moment. Narancia headed out to get groceries, but got attacked by a stand user. Thanks to his stand, Aerosmith, he survived, but we had to head back to Naples to look for a key that was apparently important for some reason.

Giorno, Abbachio and Fugo went to get it, while the rest of us stayed behind. Mista and I got ordered to go buy the stuff Narancia failed to get for Trish. Walking down the streets off Naples with him was awkward, to say the least. Until I decided to speak up.

"Hey, uh... The only one whose stand I haven't seen is Fugo's... what does it do?" Mista looked at me, a bit surprised by the question.

"Well... He rarely brings it out, since it give off a dangerous virus that kills anything around it, and..." He began.

"And?"

"And... it kinda looks like a large chihuahua with rabies." I laughed at his comment, which seemed to make him smile.

"A- A chihuahua? With rabies? Does it drool or something?" I asked between laughs.

"Actually, it does." He said, while laughing a bit too. We both joked around about Fugo's stand, until we noticed something.

"Hey, Mista, I think we're lost."

"Huh?" He looked around to see that we were, in fact, lost.

"Damnit... You better stay close, we never know who could be following us." He said as he rested his hand on his gun.

The sounds of footsteps approached us quickly from behind, but once we turned around, no one was there. My heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest. I wasn't sure what was about to happen, and I noticed the usually carefree Mista had a serious and focused look on his face. The sounds changed places a lot, but we couldn't see a thing. I was just about to step forward when something slashed my thigh. I let out a small whimper and pressed my hand on my thigh. Blood was pouring down my leg from the wound. It looked like something sharp had cut me.

"Y/N, are you okay? Can you heal yourself?" Mista asked while moving around, not really sure what to do.

"It's okay, unfortunately I can't heal myself, but I'll be fine." The cut was pretty deep, but I bit my lip to not let myself complain. Suddenly, I felt a hand reach around my waist. Mista, who stood on my right side, was holding me up with his left arm while pointing his gun forward trying to find the threat.

The sound disappeared, but we stood there for a a few minutes, not moving, to be on the safe side before Mista spoke.

"I think they're gone... let's get back to the others and get you treated, alright?" I looked up at him and was met by a genuine smile. The sight of it made my heart skip a beat for a second, but I brushed it off as a side effect from the adrenaline rush.

"Uh, yeah... Let's get back to the others."

~~~~~~~

Unless y'all dumb dumb I think you know who it was. But dw we stan dumb dumb people here too <3

~~~~~~~