5. Turtles and Ice

Mista helped me into the van, and sat me down next to Trish. She helped me take care of my wound as we went to pick up the others. It turns out they had successfully gotten the key, even though they struggled with another enemy.

"Are you feeling any better, Y/N?" Bruno asked from the front.

"Yes, thanks to Mista and Trish." I smiled as I turned to look at the two. They were laughing about something while Fugo looked extremely flustered, and I felt a feeling building up inside my chest. I turned to the front to speak to Giorno instead.

~~~

We arrived at a train station where we were supposed to find whatever the key was used for. Each of us stepped on the train, while Bucciarati looked for something at a fountain right by the tracks.

"Hey, Bucci, you should hurry up..." Mista said, while pointing to two men in the distance.

"Stand users..." Bruno mumbled as he realized something... He ran onto the train and showed us the turtle he found.

"What the hell is that supposed to do?" Narancia asked.

"Look at the shell, the key is a perfect fit." All of us leaned in closer to look as Bucciarati placed the key on the shell. before we knew it, all of us got sucked into the key. What we found in there was some kind of weird room.

"We'll be able to travel to Venice safely now." Bruno said with relief. "This turtle will keep us hidden." What we all seemed to have missed, was that the two men also had stepped on the train...

"There's some sodas here if anyone wants." Mista said while opening a fridge while the rest of us sat down on a few couches. Bucci, Trish, Mista and I each took a soda with some ice in it.

What happened next was rather bizarre.

All of us started aging, like, a lot... Narancia, Giorno, Fugo and Abbachio aged rapidly to a point where they were close to dying even. For some reason, the rest of us didn't age as quickly, and only got an extra Grey hair or two, but chances are we wouldn't stay that way.

"A stand user already?! They must have stepped on the train with us..." Bruno said. Soon after, Trish pointed out that the reason we weren't affected were because we had something cool to drink. Meaning, ice was needed to slow down the effect.

"I'll head out there to see what we have to deal with... Bucci, you keep Y/N and Trish safe for now." Mista said, and before we knew it, he grabbed some ice and reached up to head out in the real world.

"Are we just supposed to sit here and wait?!" I asked, noticing that Trish held some ice to Narancia's skin, seeing as he was affected the most.

"For now, that's all we can do." Bruno replied.

~~~

After a while, gunshots were heard, and we immediately jumped up. Only a few seconds later, Number six from Mista's Sex Pistols appeared.

"There's two stand users, and Mista's been shot! Number five is keeping him alive right now." Bucciarati didn't hesitate.

"Trish, Y/N, I'm heading out there to fight. Stay put and don't move, alright?" We obeyed and stayed inside the turtle.

"Trish, I need to go check on Mista. Take care of the others, okay?" I asked before reaching up to get out too.

"But Y/N-" I hurried up and out of the turtle. When I came back to the outside world, I didn't see anything at first, but I heard a voice in the distance. I walked around the corner to see a man with green, pointy hair and no neck. He was the ugliest person I had ever seen. He talked to himself a lot and seemed rather busy with... a fishing rod? Okay... Either way, I quickly snuck past him when his back was turned and hurried through the train to find Mista. I stepped into the next carriage, only to find Mista in a pile of blood on the floor. I hurried over to him and grabbed some ice from the counter.

"I swear this guy wants to die at this point..." I mumbled, giving the last ice to Number five, who wouldn't stop crying. "Here, hold this close to Mista while I heal him." He had three gunshot wounds in the head. I was surprised, and somewhat relieved, that he hadn't died yet. I placed my hands on his head and closed me eyes to focus while Sweet Emotion did her job. The pain traveled through my head and I was no longer aware of whether or not I still had my eyes closed. The pain would gradually disappear, but until then it felt like my head would explode into pieces. I could feel something warm streaming down my cheeks, which I assumed was tears. The only thing I could focus on was the pain, and since it was this strong, I hoped Mista had been fully healed.

I couldn't tell where my hands were, or if I was still crying, but the pain started to fade and eventually, I could open my eyes. I was met by the sight of Mista staring at me with a worried expression, along with Number five who was still crying for some reason.

"I think you left something out when introducing us to Sweet Emotion." He said, with a surprisingly calm voice. His hand reached up to my cheek and brushed away the tears that still hadn't dried up.

"I think I did." I gave him a faint smile, and he got up from the floor, reaching out his hand to me.

"Let's go make sure the others are okay." I took my hand in his as we headed out from the train that had stopped at some point. We met up with Bruno and Trish, who looked at each other with serious expressions on their faces. The turtle was crawling on the ground while we approached them carefully. The two dead bodies of the stand users layed a few meters away from us.

"Are you okay?" Bucciarati asked us as he helped Trish stand up from the ground.

"We're okay." Mista replied with a smile.

"We can't take the train anymore, so we'll have to find a car or something." Bucciarati started off. "At least one person will have to be the one to walk and carry the turtle."

"I'll do it." Mista said.

"Shouldn't you be resting right now? You did get shot in the head, y'know..." I questioned his quick response, why wouldn't he want to rest?

"You're one to talk, but no. I want to keep an eye out for now."

"Then I'll keep you company."

Trish and Bucciarati headed back to the turtle which rested in my right hand as we began walking away from the train and the two corpses. It was only now that I realized my left hand was still in Mista's.

"O-Oh. Uh- sorry." I quickly pulled away from his grasp and sped up to get ahead of him, hoping he didn't have time to notice my face getting red.

~~~~~~~

I hope the Prosciutto and Pesci arc wasn't too messy, I tried my best🥲

~~~~~~~