8. On the run

We ran towards the place Giorno said they'd be. He had managed to track them during this whole process. Once we reached the large room, we were met by the sight of two lifeless bodies laying on the ground. Bucciarati had a large flesh wound on his shoulder, while Trish was unconscious. It seemed like her hand had been cut off, but Bruno had attached it to her again using Sticky Fingers. I decided to tend to Bucciarati's wounds first.

"Save Trish first." He said, clearly on the verge of death.

"Save the bullshit for later, you're the one in need of healing." He gave me a faint smile as he looked over at Trish. Giorno was helping her, leaving Bucciarati to me. I felt someone staring at me from behind, presumably Mista, since he knew what it meant when I used Sweet Emotion now. I placed my hands near the large wound on his body and let the process began. As usual, the pain was transferred to me but I kept my breathing steady, to not wake any suspicion.

"There, all done." I said, noticing Giorno had finished helping Trish too. Unfortunately, she was still unconscious, but Bucciarati quickly walked over to her and picked her up in his arms.

"There's no time to explain but we need to hurry and get out of here, now!" We did as we were told and ran towards the exit. My body still ached, so I lightly pressed a hand on my left shoulder. Mista turned to me with a worried look, but I gave him a reassuring smile.

~~~

Once we got outside, Bucciarati placed Trish down on the boat and turned to us, explaining the situation.

"The Boss wanted to kill Trish, his daughter, with his own hands..." He took a deep breath before continuing. "He used his stand, King Crimson, to attack us. I chose to fight against him, and have now betrayed the organization." The following seconds were only filled with the sounds of the water floating around the boat, and the birds flying over us.

"Are you out of your mind?" I heard someone say, but I didn't focus on it enough to hear who said it. Why would he betray the Boss? Seriously, he must be out of his mind. Once I looked over at Trish, I realized she was just a 15-year old girl who truly didn't do anything to deserve this. She was all alone and needed our help.

"From here on, I will not be giving you any more orders. I put myself in this situation, so it's up to you if you want to join me or not." Bucciarati began. "Once you step foot on this boat, though, there's no going back. You will have officially betrayed Passione." Everyone was quiet, deep in thought, before Abbachio spoke up. He put his foot on the edge, and stepped on the boat, explaining that he had not once felt his heart be moved by anything since joining Passione, but following Bucciarati's orders kept him going. Mista and Giorno decided to join him as well, for different reasons. This left Fugo, Narancia and I on the island. I looked over at Mista and sighed, barely hiding the tiny smile appearing on my face.

"Y'know, if I do this, you gotta take me up on that promise about protecting me." I told him, referencing the first conversation we had in the restaurant a few days ago. Mista let out a weak laugh.

"Of course I will, Tesoro*." He winked at me and reached out his hand to me. I took his hand and stepped on the boat, not even considering what a terrible situation it was to be blushing in.

Narancia and Fugo both stood still, Narancia being a mess, begging Bucciarati to order him what to do. Meanwhile, Fugo mumbled something about us being insane for betraying the Boss.

We ended up leaving the two of them there. I felt a ball of sadness creep on me. After all, I had become good friends with the both of them. Especially Narancia, whose jokes I hated but presence I loved. Before any tears got the chance to leave my eyes, I was caught off guard by the sound of someone yelling. All of us were surprised to see both Narancia and Fugo swimming towards the boat, yelling that they wanted to join too. We slowed down and helped them onto the boat, happy that they decided to join us.