sept

Celeste

Cal: are you excited for tonight? 😏

Cel: that emoji gives the wrong impression 😬

Cal: oh 🫠

Cel: but, yes! i'm so excited :)

Cal: good! dress warm but also nice. 

Cel: okay! see you tonight!

Cal: 6 tonight. main doors. don't be late

After the night we first kissed, Calum asked if I wanted to go out with him, and I agreed. I had been wanting this date for so long! I contained my excitement as I quietly slipped my phone into my pocket and began paying attention to the professor in front of me. 

The day breezed by as I was caught up in my own world. Soon enough, it was time to go back to my dorm and get ready for my date. I nearly sprinted to the other end of campus as I reached my dorm. I unlocked the doors and entered, almost forgetting to close them again. I quickly locked myself in my room and hopped into the shower as I prepared for the night.

I chose a very on-theme Autumn outfit. I chose a beige plaid body-con skirt which I paired with an oversized black turtleneck and black chunky ankle boots. I dried my hair before bringing soft curls to life, as well as styling my curtain bangs. I did a soft makeup look before organizing my cross-body purse and checking the time.

5:47 PM

After viewing the time, I turned off all the lights in my room and started making my way to the main school entrance. As I walked through the corridors, I noticed the dark clouds rolling through the sky. I got worried about the rain, but shook off the feeling as I continued to the meeting spot. I walked through the large doors and onto the platform that looked out into the courtyard. It was peaceful, empty from students and visitors.

"It's the calm before the storm, isn't it?" A deep voice asked from behind me. I startled back as I turned to look at Calum. He was dressed in black jeans paired with a styled striped button-up and his infamous Doc Martens. On top, he wore a large leather jacket.

"Wow. You clean up nice." I commented as I scanned him from head to toe.

"You look gorgeous as well." He replied with a smile.

"Don't you think it's gonna rain?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow, "What makes you say that?" 

"Well, the clouds for one. Also - this one is weird - don't you think there's a distinct smell before it starts raining?" I asked.

Calum chuckled, "Don't worry, Cel. It's all going as planned. Come." He said as he took my hand in his before leading my out. Butterflies erupted in the pit of my stomach as he interlaced our fingers.