Chapter 11

I let out a soft sigh, playing with Cole's hair while he slept. I gave a soft smile when he giggled in his sleep. I cuddled closer and shut my eyes, listening to his steady and calm heartbeat, meanwhile mine had to have been racing. Why does he do this to me?

 My eyes wandered down to his lips for a second, but then I quickly shut my eyes and shook my head. I can't kiss him. Especially while he's asleep. Sighing, I turned in his arms so my back was to his chest. I couldn't get tempted like that again.

 I let out a soft yelp when I was pulled closer to his chest, causing me to blush more. I curled up a bit in his arms and shut my eyes again. Maybe some sleep will help... And with that, I drifted off in his arms.

 I walked around in the school halls, glancing around for Cole, determined to finally tell him my feelings. Or, well, let him read about my feelings. When I found him he was at his locker, surrounded by a bunch of girls, talking and laughing with them. I felt a small pang of jealousy arise, but instead I just swallowed and walked up to him, slightly parting my way through the girls, who were taller than me.

 "Oh, hey Lukey. What's up?" Cole ruffled my hair slightly, causing me to smile and blush a bit. I waved at him a bit and wiped my hands on my pants pocket. Why were they so clammy? I carefully handed him the folded up paper and bit my bottom lip as he opened and read through the note.

 When he was done reading he cocked his eyebrow at me. "What the hell is this?" He held the now opened note to my face.

 I swallowed and stepped back a bit, biting my lip harder. I gave him a nervous smile.

 A smirk grew on his face. "Oh, I see. Mute boy has a little crush on me." I flinched at the name. "Am I right? Come on. Tell me."

 He spit out his words with such venom that tears started to well in my eyes. He knew full well I couldn't tell him. Their laughs swam around me, making me tears slip from my eyes. They continued yelling at me, calling me different variations of 'mute' and 'faggot'. They moved around me, forcing me up against a locker, their words causing me to curl up on the floor. I was wanting to slip away from this all.

 I gasped awake, looking around in a panic. I sat up shaking and trying to calm the tears streaming down my face. Whimpering, I buried my face in my hands.

 "Mmph... Lukey?" I flinched a bit as he sat up. He looked at me with a frown. "What's wrong?" 

 Cole started to affectionately ruffle my hair. I looked up at him, my cheeks stained with tears, and gave a slight sniffle. He pulled me into his arms and rocked me a bit.

 "Was it another bad dream?" I nodded against his chest. As I remembered the dream more tears started to pour out. I quickly wiped at my eyes in attempt to dry the tears. I signed a shaky 'sorry' before wiping my tears again.

 "Hey, don't apologize. I'm here." He stroked my hair again and hugged me close. I took a couple deep breaths and finished drying my eyes. "You okay now?"

 I nodded my head and smiled. He gave me a warm smile back and poked my nose. I let out a small giggle and stuck my tongue out at him. I sniffled and pulled my sweater down more, adjusting it.

 "How about we go to the park? We may see some cute babies there. And some adorable ducklings." I giggled a bit and nodded enthusiastically. "Alright. Let me get ready and then we can head out." He stood and hugged me one last time before walking off to get ready, leaving me here to cuddle his cat. 

 I thought back to the dream but quickly dismissed it when I remembered his suggestion of the park. I smiled to myself and kissed his kitten several times, causing her to 'meow' in protest.

 I giggled to myself and curled up on his bed. He always knows how to cheer me up.