Chapter 2

“Cole! Could you please help us with our math? You’re incredibly smart.” I looked up to see three girls looking at me with innocent smiles while they, not so discretely, used their arms to push their chests together. I just sighed.

        “Sorry I have homework to work on ladies. So if you don’t mind…” I gestured for them to leave me alone, hoping they’d get that I wasn’t interested. Sadly I was wrong.

        “Oh come on, it’s just a couple of problems. You don’t have time for even that?” They all gathered around my chair, leaning so their chests were practically on me and flirtatiously playing with my hair. I just shook my head, making them let go of my hair.

“I said no, now leave me alone. If you need help that badly ask the teacher.” I gestured to the short, petite woman at the front of the room. They girls just huffed and sulked away, seeing how they weren’t getting anywhere with me. I just rolled my eyes and continued working on the trig homework that I was breezing through. Yes, I was a nerd. I have been ever since I could remember.

The bell suddenly rang and kids flew out the door. I just simply gathered my stuff and walked out of the room, waving to the teacher before spotting Lucas by the water fountains outside the door. I smirked as I got an idea. I quietly went up to him and gave him a slightly hard smack on the butt. “Hi Lukey!”

        He jumped and turned around, staring at me with wide eyes before glaring at me. I smiled innocently. Lucas just rolled his eyes before ruffling my hair and smiling. I knew he wouldn’t be able to stay mad at me. He hooked his arm with mine as we headed to our next class: art.

        We walked into the room and took our usual seats next to each other. Lucas, not being the morning person I was, flopped down in his chair and snuggled his face into my shoulder. I laughed and played with his ear lobe mindlessly. He let out a quiet, slightly strained giggle and pulled away. He was really ticklish and I found it rather entertaining.

        “So how was the biology test?” Lucas pretended to vomit to show his disinterest in it.“That bad huh?” He nodded and whined a bit, giving me a pout to show me he wanted a hug. I just laughed and gave him a quick hug. He instantly smiled again and turned his attention towards the teacher as class started. How can he be so cute without even saying a word?