Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning with Lucas curled up into my chest and side, snoring softly. I smiled and ran my fingers through his messy hair that was sticking up everywhichway. He woke with a sneeze and blinked a bit, eyes adjusting to the light.

“Morning Lukey.” I smiled at him before sitting up. He let out a small whine and turned over, attempting to go back to sleep. I laid on him and nuzzled his head. “Come on, wake up Lukey~!” I sang this out, causing him to look back and glare at me. He was just about to turn to go back to sleep but my mom yelled up at us before he could.

“Boys! Breakfast is ready!” Lucas’s eyes shot open as he threw me off onto the other side of the bed and started to race down the stairs. Sure, now he’s awake. I laughed to myself and headed down stairs after him, at a slower pace I must add. When I got downstairs I saw Lucas already stuffing his mouth with a huge bite of waffles covered in syrup.

“How do you ever survive during class without food?” I shook my head and smiled as I added whipped cream and strawberries to my waffles. He gave me a big smile and ate  another bite.

“So, it’s Saturday boys. What are your plans for today?” Lucas looked up at me, asking me the same thing with his eyes.

“Well I was thinking me and Lucas could go to the mall today, seeing how it’s close to Christmas.” Lucas smiled and nodded at the idea. He loved Christmas. We always got each other something and did our best to hide it from the other one, which was easier said than done. We finished off our waffles and headed back upstairs to go change. Lucas had quite a bit of clothes at my house, too, so he didn’t have to stop back by his house to change.

“Hey, Lukey, wanna get orange chicken from Panda Express when we get there?” I turned to look at him as I pulled on green skinny jeans and a basic black t-shirt and white button up over with the sleeves bunched up at the elbows. I also put on black and green checkerboard suspenders that hung down at my hips and bowtie and black and white checkerboard vans.

Lucas nodded his head eagerly and smiled goofily as he pulled on pink skinny jeans, which were his favorite, and a white t-shirt with a green dinosaur in a pink heart. The shirt said ‘rawr means I love you in dinosaur’. I laughed a bit at his dorkiness and tugged him along just as he got done pulling his black high-tops on.

I ran downstairs and quickly grabbed my keys and wallet off the counter. “Mom, Lucas and I are going to mall!”

“Alright baby boy have fun!” She waved at us and Lucas waved back as I pulled him out the door to my car. He clumsily climbed into the front seat of my fairly large sized truck. I laughed a bit at his small stature and got into the truck myself, with ease I might add. He stuck his lip out into a pout and folded his arms across his chest.

“Oh come on Lukey, don’t be like that. Smile, or I’ll have to tickle it out of you.” I smirked at him as his eyes widened then switched to a glare as if to say ‘You wouldn’t dare’. “Don’t give me that look cause you know I would.”

Lucas huffed and turned his head away from me, arms crossed in front of his chest. I just shrugged. “Suit yourself then.” Before he could object in any way I reach over and start tickling his sides. His eyes widened as a wheezy laugh came out. He wiggled around as I tickled his sides and tummy more.

His laugh is so adorable. I continued to tickle him until he whined for air. I finally let him go and awed at his adorable pout.

He stuck his tongue out at me and lightly flicked my nose. I simply rolled my eyes and smiled. “Fine fine, I’m sorry.”

Lucas smiled and hummed triumphantly. I just laughed and started my car. As we pulled out of the driveway, Lucas turned on the radio. He turned straight to some lame ass pop station.

“Lucas no. Not this shit.” I attempted to change the station but Lucas kept slapping my hand away and whining. Eventually I just had to give in with a sigh. “Fine... You’re too damn adorable.”

Lucas giggled silently and danced in his seat along to some crappy new Taylor Swift song. This was going to be a long ride.