~ 36 ~

"I don't think father would appreciate that."

I look over at the distant voice as my hands are on the man, his waist pressing into mine.

"Haru?" I softly say looking up. He jumped off the small building, next to us.

He had short black hair some of it covering his eyes, an x tattoo on his cheek, just under his eye. 3 ear piercings on his left side and a tongue piercing. He had a skull tattoo on his hand, lining his bones. His black shirt sat under his baggy blue puffy jacket which was half zipped up, sitting over his black pants.

Memories came into my eyes.

I jump at him and hug him. The man I was with ran off.

I could feel tears in my eyes. "I thought.. you died." I looked at his face smiling at him in shock.

A pain hit me in my head, I dropped as Haru tried to hold me up. My eyes began to close as I slowly fainted.

.

.

.

I woke up with a fat headache.

"Yōkai.. What did you do to me?" I say wiping my eyes.

He sat on the chair next to me, only visible to me. His legs were crossed as he looked over st me, leaning on his hand.

"I thought you were a demon?" I look at him weirdly.

"No shit I am. Your bitch ass doesn't give me as much blood as needed. Not to mention your always getting beaten up. The more blood you lose, the more I need." He said, yawning.

"Ah, you didn't sleep long." I looked at Haru as be walked in.

"Last time we met, you cried every time I came home with bruises. Or when I stepped on ants." I chuckle. "Still doing the same?" I grin.

"I've changed Keigo." My smile faded.

"Yeah..a lot of people I know have." I say, my smile fading.

"I'm going out for a drink. Come with me. The bar here at headquaters isn't as quiet as it used to be." I went along with him, walking in the streets. Nostalgia hit me.

"Ha, do you remember here?" He said, stopping and looking at the library. "You would take us all here, read books to us on fathers rampage nights." He smiled.

Come to think of it. I was here a lot before the commission took me..

"Get back here prick!" A man chased me. "Theif! Someone stop that bird!" He yelled. Blood dripped down my face.

He got pretty good punches and stabs into me. All for some fucking bread and a necklace, hm?

I looked at the library, running into it. I flew up the stairs, running into the second floor. I creeped into the far back corner, just behind a book shelf as I bled out from my stomach.

I grabbed the closest book near me, trying to take my mind off the pain.

' The only ambition I have left,
Is to be at peace each day
Anything that doesn't facilitate that
Is just noise'

My eyes widened, reading more pages.

' If I was the strongest person alive
It is because those weak around me is stronger
Your worst enemy, is your biggest ally '

After a while I took the kids here.. That book saved me through everything..

"Yea. I remember." I smile. The library had graffiti and broken windows.. The door was ripped off with blood splattered all on the floors.