𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮

☼☼☼

A few hours had passed since susannah, laurel and belly had returned from their shopping trip, with noa's clothes as well of course, and now noa was adding the last touch of mascara to her eye lashes before the girls were to leave. unfortunately none of the boys were home including conrad who was down at the beach surfing, and would miss seeing noa leave for the deb tea.

the girl skimmed her hands down the knee length blush pink dress she had chosen to wear, the look tied together with a pink and white fascinator in her hair. she examined herself in the mirror before she was interrupted by a knock on the bedroom door, followed by belly's voice.

"hey noa, uh we were gonna head off" she spoke

"oh yeah i'm ready" noa responded before opening the door, following belly out to her mother's car, as they headed off the country club for the tea.

☼☼☼ 

"honey?" susannah called out to conrad as she heard the back door close, "hey hon?"

"yeah" conrad sighed in response walking into the living room

"would you change and meet me out back? i want to paint you first" the woman smiled looking up at her son.

"why me?" he whined

"cause everyone else has things to do"

"i have thing to do too, mom" conrad rolled his eyes

"i think you can spare a few hours for your mother, hmm?" she smiled again

"sure" he sighed

"see you there" susannah stood up, "put on something nice!"

a few minutes had passed and susannah was now set up outside, conrad walking outside to take a seat.

"you ready?" the woman asked

"i guess"

awkward silence began to consume the mother and son, that was before the silence was broken by susannah.

"so... how's noa going?"

"mom, can we not do this?" the boy asked, "you asked me to come sit for this portrait, and i'm here, and i'm sitting, and i'm more than happy to be here, but can we not make this, like, a bonding experience?"

"well, excuse me for trying to connect with my son before he leaves for a year" the older woman sighed at her son's words before continuing, "noa looked really nice in her dress, i think she wanted you to see her." the boy huffed at his mother's words, "look if you want to spend your summer moping around, i can't stop you, but no more sleeping till 2:00, no more day drinking, noa didn't come all the way up here for you guys not the leave your room. i want you doing something productive, more productive than whatever activities you and noa are doing. you're getting a job"

"sure" conrad agreed wanting his mother to stop talking about his and noa's sex life.

☼☼☼

laurel's car had just pulled up at the country club, as belly and noa both stepped out of the vehicle.

"thanks mom" belly smiled at her mother,

"sure" laurel nodded, "girls? i just want both of you to know if you decide you hate it or if the girls are mean or even if the food is bad, you can text me. i promise i won't say i told you so."

"we'll be fine" belly rolled her eyes

"humour me?" laurel smiled, "use our code phrase, and i'll be right there"

"mom" belly gave her mother pleading eyes, not wanting to be embarrassed in front of noa, who was just smiling at the pair.

"you remember it from when you little?"

"lemon jelly belly" they said in unison

"have fun girls!" laurel called out before driving off

"do you know where we're going?" noa asked looking at belly

"i thought you did" she laughed, "it's fine i'm sure we'll figure it out"

"oh wait there's jere" noa smiled

"hey!" belly called out, sighing when the boy didn't turn around, "jeremiah!"

"oh my god" jeremiah smiled, "uh belly, wow. i didn't even recognise you" the boy eyed belly before turning to noa, "james, as gorgeous as ever" this made noa roll her eyes, belly as well, 

it wasn't fair she wasn't allowed to have them both.

"tell me the truth, do i look a fool?" belly asked jeremiah trying to get his attention have on her

"uh no, you look good, you look good." the boy stuttered, "um let me walk you guys over"

"are those pineapples?" the boy asked belly looking down at her dress,

"no... they're flowers" belly laughed, "have you ever seen flowers before?" this making noa chuckle as well.

"i think you're delusional" noa laughed, as the group of three began to walk up a set of stairs.

"they have these strawberry and raspberry cookies, oh they're to die for" jeremiah began, "i never thought i'd see the day where you were wearing a fascinator."

unknown to the group jeremiah's last comment to belly was quite loud, drawing attention to them.

"jeremiah" an older woman sighed

"paige" the boy smiled in return

"where's your shirt" she rolled her eyes

"it's always a pleasure" jeremiah said sarcastically, "this is belly, uh isabel conklin my future wife" he gestured to belly before turning to noa, "and this is elenoa james, my future sister in law" noa rolling her eyes at the use of her full name.

"they're late"

"we're so sorry" belly apologised, 

"we got lost" noa tried to explain

"you're both at table two"

as paige said this the two girls looked towards the table they were given, belly cursing under her breath,

"what? who is it?" noa asked,

"that girl there, that's conrad's ex or something" belly sighed

"oh"

"yeah"