Time after time

*strong language, smut*

You wake up in a hospital bed. You shoot up and look around. You have an IV coming from your arm. You see your dad sitting in a chair next to you.
"Dad..?" His eyes open and he sits up.
"Y/n! I've been worried sick about you kid." He kisses the top of your head.
"I'm ok. Have you heard anything about Eddie?" He sighs, and puts his head in his palm.
" I thought that boy took you from me. This whole time I shared the same opinion about him as everyone else.."
"Dad.. he didn't do this.. any of this.. he never hurt me. He did quite the opposite, really."
"I know. After I got the call you had been found I raced over there. All your little friends had said an ambulance took you away. And well, I was madder than hell. But when they explained to me that this boy had saved you, putting his own life on the line. And how he had been framed for the murders, and was scared and running. Well with so many character witnesses how was I supposed to think those horrible thoughts anymore?" You smile wide. You were happy your dad had formed a good opinion of Eddie.
"Have you heard anything though?"
"He's supposedly right down the hall." Your eyes light up and you try to stand.
"Hey, hey easy now. You have some stitches and your shoulder is still going to be sore. I'll ask the nurses to put you on a mobile IV bag." He leaves the room and tears begin to fall down your face. You couldn't stand being away from Eddie. You needed to see him. Your dad returns with a nurse who fixes up your fluids. You get up and walk as quickly as you can to Eddie's room. You walk in and see Wayne watching over Eddie. He looks at you and gives a half smile.
"Hi Mr. Munson."
"Hi darlin'. He's still out. Hasn't come to since they picked him up." You looked down at Eddie's beaten body. You notice handcuffs, and your heart sinks even further. You look at Wayne.
"Still a wanted man.." he trails off. He grabs his jacket from the chair.
"I'm going to go have a smoke and grab some coffee. You need anything?"
"No Mr. Munson, thank you." He leaves the room and you sit next to Eddie. You hold his hand in yours. You begin to sob. It wasn't fair. None of this should have happened to Eddie. He didn't deserve this. And seeing him in handcuffs pissed you off. Your body is shaking, and you lay your head down on Eddie's torso.
"Y-y/n..?" A weak voice can be heard. You spring up to see Eddie's eyes opened, staring down at you.
"Eddie!?" You wrap your arms around him and squeeze. He winces and cries out.
"Shit. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" You move off of him. He tried his best to chuckle.
"It's ok. I'm so happy to see you." He smiles faintly.
"Oh Eddie. You have no idea." He looks down and notices the handcuffs.
"They got me, huh?"
"Don't worry, we'll figure it out, ok? The important thing is that you're alive. Eddie, I thought you were a goner." You start to choke up again. He does his best to stroke your cheek through the cuffs.
"I'm here, ok? I'm here with you, y/n." You grab his hands in yours and kiss one. He smiles. The door opens and Wayne, Dustin, and Owens walk in.
"Oh Eddie you're up, thank god!" Wayne rushes over and kisses him on his head. Wayne starts to tear up.
"I thought I lost ya." Eddie is tearing up too.
"I'm here. I'm here." You smile and wipe your eyes at the sweet exchange. You hear sniffling and look over to see Dustin.
"Henderson." Eddie smiles to Dustin. Without a word Dustin walks across the room and hugs Eddie. He flinches again, but unlike you, Dustin doesn't apologize.
"Who's this?" You ask motioning Owens.
"I'm Dr. Owens. I'm a friend of El's. I am aware of the unique situations Hawkins finds itself in, and that's how I know Eddie has nothing to do with any of this." You glance at Eddie, and then back to Owens.
"Don't worry kid, we'll make this all go away."
"You can do that?" You ask eagerly.
"Yes. Just give me some time, and we'll work our magic, alright?" He smiles reassuringly.
"Ok." Eddie answers. You could see some tension lift off his shoulders.
"Wait. Can we maybe get them to take the cuffs off?" You ask as Owens goes to leave the room.
"Let me see what I can do." He offers as he walks out the door.
"Well now that I know that neither of you is dead, I'll leave you two love birds alone." Dustin wiggles his eyebrows and does that purring thing you all keep telling him to stop. Wayne smiles.
"Never did get that cup of coffee." Him and Dustin leave the room. You smile awkwardly and fidget with your fingers. It's now time to face up to your confessions. You sit on the bed next to Eddie.
"Y/n.." Eddie breaks the awkward silence.
"Yes?" He looks over at you, and your turn your head towards him.
"I really did mean what I said.."
"I know Eddie, I did too." His smile grows big. You can't help but to cheese yourself.
"Y/f/n y/l/n, will you go to prom with me?" You laugh.
"Eddie Munson I thought you'd never ask." You both smile as your lips meet. You pull away after a few seconds.
"You should get some rest." You whisper to him, your faces still hovering close.
"You expect me to sleep? My mind will be racing with thoughts of you." He smirks. You chuckle and lean in to kiss him again.
"Rest Munson. I'll be back before you know it." You get up, and he watches as you leave his room. He gently tosses his head back against his pillow, letting out a sigh, before smiling.