Road Trip

Everyone is frantically searching around Eddie's room, and going through his tapes. Erica runs in from the living room.
"Steve said whatever you're doing you need to HURRY!"
"We're trying! We can't find anything!" Robin yells.
"What are you even looking for!?" Eddie asks visibly stressed out.
"Beatles, Blondie, MUSIC, we need MUSIC!" She answers.
"THIS IS MUSIC!" Eddie yells defending his collection. You find yourself up against the wall trying to stay out of everyone's way. You glance over next to you and see handcuffs hanging from the wall.  Wait do they call him Eddie "the freak" Munson because he's an outsider or because of THESE? You think to yourself. If you were being honest you really wanted to find out. Eddie glances over at you, and notices you staring at the handcuffs. You glance to him and he smirks. You blush and look away. There were more important matters to attend to and you were ashamed for letting your mind wander. Nancy comes to, and Steve catches her. He calms her down before she climbs up and he follows after. You all decide it's probably best to leave Eddie's trailer and head to Max's. Once you arrive Nancy begins describing what Vecna showed her.
"We have to go back." She says hoarsely.
"Nope. Nope." Eddie shuts her down immediately.
"Yeah Nance we almost didn't make it back. You only lived because he wanted you to." Steve agrees.
"That's because we weren't prepared." She insists. Max has been trying to reach your friends in California, but they're still not answering. You watch as Eddie grabs a magazine and points to a place called "The War Zone."
"This place has everything you need for, killing things basically. I've been there before it's just far enough out of Hawkins."
"How are we going to bike there and back before dark?" Dustin asks.
"Oh we're not biking." Eddie smiles.
"Do you have a car?" Steve asks him.
"Well it's not a car, and it's not exactly mine, but it'll do." His smile turns mischievous.
"Wait before we just go meandering around you should probably disguise yourself." You tell Eddie.
"Good point. Hey Red, you got like a mask or bandana?" Max looks at Eddie and shrugs. She heads to her bedroom and returns with a Michael Myers's mask. Everyone starts to snicker, while Eddie looks irritated. He looks at you while you try to cover your giggles. You swear you see a slight smile crack the corner of his mouth. He reluctantly puts it on and leads the troop around the trailer park. Careful to dodge anyone passing by. He slides a window open to a camper and pulls himself inside. He quickly turns around to help you climb in. Everyone else starts to make their way in. Eddie pulls off the mask.
"That was suffocating."
"I think I might've liked you more with it on." You laugh.
"Ha. Ha." He says before heading to the driver's seat. You watch as his hands get to work. You have to admit it was pretty hot watching him.
"Uh Eddie, I don't think I love the idea of you driving." Robin pops up to the driver's seat. Steve follows behind her.
"Oh I'm just starting it, Harringtons got her. Don't ya big boy." He leans in close to Steve and smirks. You laugh watching how uncomfortable Steve was at the exchange. Eddie starts the camper, and the owners come running. He hops out of the seat and Steve quickly takes his place.
"Everyone sit down!" He yells. He peels out of the parking spot causing you to jerk backwards.
"I got ya." You fall back into Eddie, and realize you're fully sitting on his lap. You try to stand but he holds you firmly.
"Woah hey, hold on until we're steady. I don't want you to fall." You couldn't help but think he had ulterior motives, but you weren't sure if you even minded at this point. As everything starts to calm down, and Steve doesn't have to drive like a bat out of hell, you slide yourself over to sit next to Eddie. It's pretty quiet, and Robin and Dustin have fallen asleep. Max and Lucas are chatting in the back, and Erica is looking out the window. You overhear Nancy and Steve talking. Steve is telling her his dream about six kids. You and Eddie look at each other as if to say "SIX KIDS!?" You giggle before asking him
"Well, what about you Munson?"
"Hmm?" He looks confused.
"Do you want any kids?"
"Uh, I really haven't thought about it. I guess I'd be scared to screw them up like me. Or end up like my dad. That's my biggest fear." You can see hurt in his eyes as he looks away. You put your hand on his to comfort him. His eyes come back to yours.
"Hey, give yourself some credit. I happen to think you're nothing like your dad. You're sweet, and caring, and compassionate. I think you'd be a great dad." A smile washes over his face, causing yours to do the same.
"Thank you. I think you'll be a great mom." You shrug as you smile more. You stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds before you both find yourselves leaning close. Right as your lips are about to touch Steve calls out
"We're here! Everyone up and at 'em!" You and Eddie pull away while he curses Steve under his breath. The rest of the crew groan, and make their way off the camper. It's just you, Eddie, anndd Dustin. Total mood killer. The boys start talking D&D and you start to zone out. After a few minutes Dustin raises a concern.
"Do you, think we'll make it to prom?"
"Make it?" Eddie asks. You snap your head in their direction. You detected a tone of worry in Dustin's voice.
"I just mean.. I don't know.. I'm just worried this won't work. Not that anyone would go with me anyway.." You make your way over to where the boys are sitting.
"Hey Dustin, don't think like that. And any girl would be lucky to go with you." Eddie smiles at you.
"Pshh yeah right. My own girlfriend wasn't even allowed to talk to me.. I'm just going to die alone."
"Woah, first of all you're WAY too young to talk like that." Eddie says.
"Yeah, and if it's meant to be you two will find a way to be together." Eddie glances at you while you speak.
"If she really is your person, it won't matter what anyone says or thinks. It'll all be worth it." You look over at Eddie and meet his eyes, flashing him a smile. Just then the rest of the gang burst through the door.
"We gotta go! You're friends are here!" Erica says, throwing a bag at Eddie. The three of you slouch down, and Steve takes the driver seat again, pulling off. As the battle approaches you also found a dark feeling in the pit of your stomach. You couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen.  You were just going to try your best to stay positive.