Language

(Oscar's P.O.V.)
I patted the dog over his head while thinking of a name. "Cyril, you silly boy. What're you doing" I heard a male voice speak with a cockney accent. I turned my head and saw the same man with the cane that I had ran into about a week ago. The dog clearly regoncnized him as his owner and happily ran up to him. I watched the man pet his dog before looking at me. "Well, are we staying out of trouble?" The stranger asked me, "Or do you want to spend another 3 days in there?". "It was only one day" I informed the man. "I know. You only spend one day in there because of me" he told me with a simple nodd, "you're welcome". I rolled my eyes. "You don't even know me, mister. So why go through the trouble" I said to which he laughed "oh but I do know you" before motioning for me to follow him. I walked after him while he continued "you are called Oscar, Ozzy for short. You don't have any parents, or atleast don't know where they are. And you live more on the streets than with your foster mother... what was her name again?". "Mrs Gimlet. But... she died" I said and you could hear the sadnes in my voice. The stranger just hummed at me "I'm sorry to hear. Well, name's Alfie" he informed me about his name, "are you a copper?!" I quickly asked him and got ready to book it if he was. He chuckled "no! No, don't be silly. You just knocked over some of my whis-.... bread" he told me quickly rephrasing his choice of words. I thought for a moment, I never knocked over someones bread, yes I stole it but never knocked it onto the streets. But I did, accidentally, knock ove some barrels of whiskey when I was running from the copper. "After that copper took you with him, I went to the bureau and looked into your file. Which is rather thick of mischief, might I add" Alfie told me but I saw a faint smirk. "Why don't you come in" he told me inviting me inside his building. "I'm not allowed to go with strangers" I told him with a sly smirk. "Smart boy. But I am not a stranger to you, am I? You know my name" Alfie told me making me rethink for a second. "Come on. I'll give you something to eat" he told me while turning around. I hesitated but eventually decided to go inside, after feeling my stomach rumble. Eventhough I stayed behind him, ready to book it if I thought something was wrong, I kept following him because Cyril walked beside me, making me feel a bit more comfortable. Alfie stopped by a table before turning to me, to look if I had followed him.

 Alfie stopped by a table before turning to me, to look if I had followed him

(Alfie's P.O.V.)
I turned to the person that was handing out the food and motioned for him to give the kid a bowl of soup and some bread. Ozzy hesitated but eventually took the bowl and bread from the table. He carefully watched me, always on high alert. But whenever Cyril was beside him, he seemed a bit calmer. I decided to walk further to my office and Oscar followed behind me, not wanting to be around the workers. "You can sit" I told him motioning to the chair in front of my desk. He ignored the chair and walked over to Cyril who had laid down on his blanket and sat beside him. He began to eat his food. I held a smile back when I saw him make a disgusting face before handing Cyril the piece of bread. "Yeah, its fucking awfull that stuff" I told him, agreeing about the disgusting bread, before leaning back in my chair. "Language. I'm a kid, you bastard" Ozzy replied but I could see a cheeky smile on his face. "I'm sorry" I said apologizing for my swearing. While Oscar continued to ear I went to do some work. Signing and looking over paper work and also going out my office to look at the workers untill late. When I came back into my office, I noticed that Ozzy had fallen asleep beside Cyril. I debated what I was going to do with him. First thought was bringing him to an orphanage because he told me that his foster mother had died. But for some reason I didn't want to take him somewhere. I walked up to the two newly-made friends. Cyril lifted his head up, wanting to know my reason of coming close. But he put down his protecrive act over the boy after realising it was me. I slightly shook Ozzy awake. His eyes carefully fluttered open to look at me. "You know what kid. I'll give you a place to stay in return you do some light work 'round 'ere. Like taking care of Cyril" I told him and I saw tired smile form on his face. Happy that he got offered a place to stay.

Published: 21st of September 2022