014

A.N- Have fun reading! You'll love this chapter. 

Eve - 005

I have no sanctuary anymore. During the day I am always wary of my surroundings and alert for any danger that could be following me, and at night I am wary of my dreams if they can even be classified as dreams.

Dreams shouldn't be or feel real, dreams are purely fiction created by the mind as a natural response to sleep. Dreams aren't a way of teleporting to an alternate reality filled with hellish creatures.

My dreams are not quite dreams anymore, neither are they nightmares. You wake up from nightmares knowing you are safe and away from danger. This is not my case. I know that the world I got to during my sleep is very real and plausible, a threat hanging over my head, taunting me and my every move.

This is not my case, I wake up knowing that the world I go to during my few hours of sleep is very real and plausible, a threat hanging over my head taunting my every move like a parent threatening a child with punishment.

Although Henry has reassured me that I can't teleport in my wake state, for now at least, I am constantly afraid that every time I blink I am going to go there and never find my way back.

The drooping of my eyelids has become my biggest enemy.

I am afraid that one day I'll close my eyes and be trapped there forever. I still don't know how I get back to our world every time that I teleport there. I know it has something to do with Henry, he is always the one to wake me up from whatever that is.

Henry has some theories on how it works and how to get me back safely every time, but we are not sure about how my powers evolved and extended to universal teleporting. In my eyes, we are dealing with an unknown enemy, though Henry seems to have figured it all out.

He says that since I couldn't control my powers since recently no one knew I could do this, and neither did I.

In his words, "Your powers must be developing faster and further than we expected them to. You seem to have some ability to create portals to other worlds. I think that you teleport in your sleep because you are not allowing yourself in your wake state, if you learn to control it we can stop it or make it into some weapon that works for you instead of against you.

His powers do not reach this sector, and I am all alone in this perverse fairytale.

"What if you try taking me with you the next time you teleport there?" He speaks up, breaking our mutual silence and my uncontrollable spiraling thoughts.

"Absolutely not." I shake my head. "You are the one to bring me back here, how will we get back if you're there too?"

"I'll figure that out, I just need to know what the other side of this world is."

"No." I deny him again. "This is not some experiment. We don't know what we're dealing with, so we won't deal with it until then."

"You'd rather stay in the dark about this? Don't you want to learn more about it?" He says with a twinkle in his eyes.

He's fascinated by this new power of mine, the weapon that it can prove itself to be. I doubt he even gives any regard to the dangers that this plan could bring up.

"I know that the scientist in you craves to want more about this discovery and development of my powers, but I am not an experiment or a weapon anymore. That ended the moment that we left the lab. Now if you excuse me I have to take care of some personal business." I depart our usual path, leaving Henry wide-eyed behind me, his eyes restricting the tiniest scrap of emotion behind his usually cold and controlled eyes.